For Full-Time Employees: Temporary Part-Time Scheduling

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Under the proposal, you would pick the days you want to work in advance for the whole month so that staffing can lock-in the schedule for that month. It will need to be signed off and agreed upon.
There’s approx a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% chance of this happening.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
If you want to work 3-days one week, and 5 the next, and 4-days the week after that...? Seems really cool to me!
Sounds good but ups screws up everything they get their hands on. Look at their lord and savoir, Orion. Look how the work/life balance initiative from over a year ago went. Look at the joke of a safety picture this company projects.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I always wanted a job with two twenties, and a place to sleep between shifts. Take a day to sleep it off at home and have 4 days to actually live life. Long days during the week and two days off just ain't enough.

Over70irregs

Just propaganda to get out of paying Overtime. They would love to stretch out work week to sidestep OT. I’ll just keep filing and $miling.....

Overpaid Union Thug

Some upsides for the company could be:
- part-timer benefits assigned to drivers under the agreement
- reduction in injuries
- reduction in unscheduled call-ins
- improved productivity from well-rested employees

If something like this would ever be seriously considered, I feel like it could be a good thing for everyone.
Will never happen. Injuries (and accidents) won’t go down when the drivers are in constant “killing it mode.” Production is irrelevant. Especially when most of the younger drivers are under the impression speed equals production.

SLW

I can't say if that's the solution, but we ought to do something about the hours we've been working lately, since it shows no sign of stopping. I'm pretty new to this, but I can tell you we would NEVER be allowed (much less forced) to work hours like this for this long in the construction industry because it's a safety issue. And that's without a union.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Screenshot_20200612-081932~2.png

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U was first to sign.