16. Oregon (meal and rest breaks)
  17. Rhode Island (meal breaks)
  18. Tennessee (meal breaks)
  19. Vermont (meal and rest breaks)
  20. Washington (meal and rest breaks)
  21. West Virginia (meal breaks)
  22. Guam (meal breaks)
  23. Puerto Rico (meal breaks)

Not paying employees for all time worked is a form of wage theft that can lead to a wage and hour dispute with workers.
Wally this is what I’ve been saying since I joined this forum. If they were forced to pay you for your time vs not paying you. It would be more beneficial for your members, I would gladly and willingly take a lunch if they are paying for your time to sit there. But I guess people on here enjoy sitting for free since it’s their “OWN PERSONAL TIME”. If UPS had it their way you would be bringing a sleeping bag to work so that you weren’t late and you couldn’t leave until the work week is over then they could give you a weekend pass to go home. If they paid you it’d roughly be close to $200 extra a week and they would probably think twice about keeping you out til 10 when they have to pay you an hour for sitting b/c of DOT rules.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Wally this is what I’ve been saying since I joined this forum. If they were forced to pay you for your time vs not paying you. It would be more beneficial for your members, I would gladly and willingly take a lunch if they are paying for your time to sit there. But I guess people on here enjoy sitting for free since it’s their “OWN PERSONAL TIME”. If UPS had it their way you would be bringing a sleeping bag to work so that you weren’t late and you couldn’t leave until the work week is over then they could give you a weekend pass to go home. If they paid you it’d roughly be close to $200 extra a week and they would probably think twice about keeping you out til 10 when they have to pay you an hour for sitting b/c of DOT rules.
Lunch is a contractual item, you can be written up for not taking it, and even fired believe it or not. You’re also not realizing that lunch is something that is fought for. Imagine if they told you you can’t stop to eat until your 14 hour DOT is expired? You’re obviously a runner gunner and can’t see the forest through the trees.

Backdoordeals69

Lunch is a contractual item, you can be written up for not taking it, and even fired believe it or not. You’re also not realizing that lunch is something that is fought for. Imagine if they told you you can’t stop to eat until your 14 hour DOT is expired? You’re obviously a runner gunner and can’t see the forest through the trees.
You sir do not value your time.

Backdoordeals69

You sir do not value your time.
It is funny that you are considered a runner if you don’t enjoy taking your lunch on here. You guys are ate up. After a month of sitting in your truck for an hour that is an entire day the company and the union has taken away from you. Do the math how much that could be in your pocket.

Backdoordeals69

With the rise of inflation from joe blows America, our wages decrease by the day. We will see how many of you will be complaining about taking an unpaid break for free when someone waiting tables or working a regular minimum wage job is making close to our top rate wage.

Backdoordeals69

With the rise of inflation from joe blows America, our wages decrease by the day. We will see how many of you will be complaining about taking an unpaid break for free when someone waiting tables or working a regular minimum wage job is making close to our top rate wage.
We don’t know how good we got it 🤤🤤🤤 brain dead

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Hey when your out til 9 on Christmas Eve and you have to come back to take your lunch because your trying to get done to get home to your family sorry that sounds foolish. I guess the Pepperidge farm man won’t have a problem taking care of your ole lady while your back at the building taking your lunch or sitting in the middle of nowhere taking it twiddling your thumbs.
Pepperidge Farm man? WTF is a Pepperidge Farm man?

not going to get through to these old timers. They are still back in the 1950s driving a 4 on the floor and getting home at 4 everyday to watch I love lucy with their old ladies. Wake up, union doesnt give a rats ass about you and neither does this company.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
These two aren’t worth it.

Backdoordeals69

Not really.
Ok I guess you like working for free as well. Think about it if you were paid to punch out on lunch between 4th and 6th everyone would do it at the same time. There wouldn’t guys taking lunch whenever it’d all be done at the same time they’d have to think twice about overdispatching you with stops and pickups.