Forced 1 hr lunch

I understand- but obviously I don't understand how to make a point...
J5XsxWmwyy4NOdKb5Z.gif

quad decade guy

Not sure where you got the impression that I thought this was 9-5 job. I'm fine with the long hours, what I'm not fine with is being forced to take an hour lunch. You said "a lot of us only get a half hour". Well if you had read my previous posts that's all the time I want for lunch also, 30 minutes. In years past when we had the OPTION of taking an hour or half hour I took half an hour for 7 years straight.

And if I went in every day with the idea that I was gonna work 13.5 hours then I'd have to have a serious chat with the dispatcher. On the flip side, that would mean Fridays would be great! Well, not now with this 70 hr rule in place. Even now with the insane residential volume I'm still averaging between 11-12 hours a day. 13.5 everyday would be terrible......like 2013 peak. Worst peak ever.

Without laws or contract language, you would never get a break of any kind-guaranteed. Take all the hours you can get and make all the money you can(while you can)...it won't last forever-guaranteed. Take your meal let the chips fall as they will. Get a route with lots of air pickups, that'll get you in earlier.

Backdoordeals69

It’s really funny reading this forum. Someone calling you a :censored2: because you don’t want to willingly give up 25-30 hours of your month taking a break that you don’t get paid for? It doesn’t really make any sense to me the Union has you guys so brainwashed that if they told you not to wipe your ass in fear of UPS firing you all of you wouldn’t do it. Ups is going to screw you whether you take your lunch or don’t take your lunch on the 9.5 list or not on the 9,5 list. Ups profits margins are higher than they’ve ever been I highly doubt they’d care if you took it. Your local Union steward is the one forcing you to take your lunch. Raise your hand if you’ve ever eaten something while on the clock ✋ did ups track you down to see what you were doing? I highly doubt it. Teamsters is going down hill I can’t wait to see what the next contract brings because lately all I’ve heard from my stewards are this is what you guys wanted and there isn’t anything I can do for you we are being forced. It’s ridiculous.

542thruNthru

It’s really funny reading this forum. Someone calling you a :censored2: because you don’t want to willingly give up 25-30 hours of your month taking a break that you don’t get paid for? It doesn’t really make any sense to me the Union has you guys so brainwashed that if they told you not to wipe your ass in fear of UPS firing you all of you wouldn’t do it. Ups is going to screw you whether you take your lunch or don’t take your lunch on the 9.5 list or not on the 9,5 list. Ups profits margins are higher than they’ve ever been I highly doubt they’d care if you took it. Your local Union steward is the one forcing you to take your lunch. Raise your hand if you’ve ever eaten something while on the clock ✋ did ups track you down to see what you were doing? I highly doubt it. Teamsters is going down hill I can’t wait to see what the next contract brings because lately all I’ve heard from my stewards are this is what you guys wanted and there isn’t anything I can do for you we are being forced. It’s ridiculous.
source-2.gif

Same guy that will be begging that steward/union to do something for him when he gets caught screwing up.

Backdoordeals69

Yea for sure bud, I’ve worked 13+ years the union doesn’t wanna do anything for you anyways. Just like forcing us to work Saturdays thru Christmas pushing us to 60 hours when we have 22.4s working Saturdays

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They take the time from your pay so you are giving the company your money. Not how it works.