Forced 1 hr lunch

Backdoordeals69

Hey when your out til 9 on Christmas Eve and you have to come back to take your lunch because your trying to get done to get home to your family sorry that sounds foolish. I guess the Pepperidge farm man won’t have a problem taking care of your ole lady while your back at the building taking your lunch or sitting in the middle of nowhere taking it twiddling your thumbs.

Backdoordeals69

DOT requirement. get in an accident later in the day and let some slick lawyer prove you skipped your lunch... good luck with
DOT requirement. get in an accident later in the day and let some slick lawyer prove you skipped your lunch... good luck with that’d
DOT requirement. get in an accident later in the day and let some slick lawyer prove you skipped your lunch... good luck with that.
Thats for otr truckers or feeder drivers. That’s why ups can approve 70 hours for RPCD because we aren’t constantly behind the wheel.

542thruNthru

Hey when your out til 9 on Christmas Eve and you have to come back to take your lunch because your trying to get done to get home to your family sorry that sounds foolish. I guess the Pepperidge farm man won’t have a problem taking care of your ole lady while your back at the building taking your lunch or sitting in the middle of nowhere taking it twiddling your thumbs.
If I have to be out till 9 on Christmas Eve I don't think 1 more hour is going to change anything.

You'll cry either way. If they suddenly took lunches out of the contract you'd blame the union. You'll sit here and complain that you're being forced to work a 6th punch or that you have to work 60 hours and the company isn't following the contract but then turn right around and do the same thing and expect the union to say "oh it's ok little backdoordeals. We know you only follow the rules you like. We'll take care of you."

Like I said 13+ years and you're still a fool.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Dot rules by and large apply to package car drivers and otr truckers the same. There may be some minor differences, but big rig drivers can also utilize the 70 hour rule. DOT leaves that up to the companies to decide, if they are a 7 day per week operation. That means the lunch rules apply the same as well.

542thruNthru

Please educate me on taking lunch… because I haven’t heard a good reason of why it is beneficial to take it.
It won't matter what reason I give you. You'll use the same lame excuses as everyone else.

"Why would I want to sit around and not get paid."

"Why would I want to stay out later instead of at home with my family."

Then when the company tells you lunches are mandatory and the union agrees it's...

"Why do we even pay the union! They don't do anything for us!"

Backdoordeals69

If I have to be out till 9 on Christmas Eve I don't think 1 more hour is going to change anything.

You'll cry either way. If they suddenly took lunches out of the contract you'd blame the union. You'll sit here and complain that you're being forced to work a 6th punch or that you have to work 60 hours and the company isn't following the contract but then turn right around and do the same thing and expect the union to say "oh it's ok little backdoordeals. We know you only follow the rules you like. We'll take care of you."

Like I said 13+ years and you're still a fool.
Again you still haven’t answered my question. It’s not just one more hour your not getting paid for several of your hours. Like I said earlier it doesn’t matter your getting screwed either way it doesn’t matter what you do with this company. The Union doesn’t have your back you have to look out for yourself and do the right thing.

Backdoordeals69

It won't matter what reason I give you. You'll use the same lame excuses as everyone else.

"Why would I want to sit around and not get paid."

"Why would I want to stay out later instead of at home with my family."

Then when the company tells you lunches are mandatory and the union agrees it's...

"Why do we even pay the union! They don't do anything for us!

542thruNthru

Again you still haven’t answered my question. It’s not just one more hour your not getting paid for several of your hours. Like I said earlier it doesn’t matter your getting screwed either way it doesn’t matter what you do with this company. The Union doesn’t have your back you have to look out for yourself and do the right thing.
I love the last part. Lol

This after you said.

"Raise your hand if you’ve ever eaten something while on the clock ✋ did ups track you down to see what you were doing? "

SMH

Backdoordeals69

Your confusing two things bub, I’m not complaining about working OT I’m just talking about the lunches they are bs. It is Personal time for free no matter how you put it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Take lunch during the day. If you dont like it they is always self employment.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
30min...

1hr...

2hrs...

However long they want me to eat Doritos and beef jerky is fine with me.

Still going home at the same time.