Forced breaks

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Are any other stations experiencing management writing in breaks on time cards while the station is in a code 43? Happening here, with no discussion, warning, or permission requested. Just sign your corrected time card. They've been inserting shuttle codes based solely on gap reports as well. As far as I know, no one has notified Personnel. When challenged, the time cards have been changed back, so I believe they know what they're doing isn't Kosher.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Are any other stations experiencing management writing in breaks on time cards while the station is in a code 43? Happening here, with no discussion, warning, or permission requested. Just sign your corrected time card. They've been inserting shuttle codes based solely on gap reports as well. As far as I know, no one has notified Personnel. When challenged, the time cards have been changed back, so I believe they know what they're doing isn't Kosher.
It's falsification. Report them to the ethics line.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Why would anyone sign that Timecard? That's money being taken away from them. I wouldn't care about the shuttle codes. All I care is that my hours and paycheck are right.

Myort

We were specifically told the last time we had a long delay that we had the option to take a 30 minute break. I don't like to take a break that early in the day, so I made sure I was doing something somewhat productive instead of just standing around shooting the bull.

It will be fine

We were specifically told the last time we had a long delay that we had the option to take a 30 minute break. I don't like to take a break that early in the day, so I made sure I was doing something somewhat productive instead of just standing around shooting the bull.
If you've got time to lean you've got time to clean.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It's a lot different giving you the option to take a break than stealing time from you by writing in a break. Then they're giving you a choice.

bbsam

Staff member
Technically yes, but most likely they'd go after whoever changed the time in the system.
I think there would be a strong push/intimidation if the time card was changed.

SM: I this your time card?

Courier: Yes.

SM: Ops manager changed it here. Is this your signature?

SM: You wouldn't sign a falsified document would you?

Courier: No.

SM: No, I wouldn't thinks so. And that's good because we have zero tolerance for falsification. By the way, make sure you code this conversation time as your lunch.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Ya think?

Purplepackage

I think there would be a strong push/intimidation if the time card was changed.

SM: I this your time card?

SM: Ops manager changed it here. Is this your signature?

SM: You wouldn't sign a falsified document would you?

Courier: No.

SM: No, I wouldn't thinks so. And that's good because we have zero tolerance for falsification. By the way, make sure you code this conversation time as your lunch.

Break falsification is encouraged so this conversation would never happen anyway lol

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The signature also represents falsification, no?

It represents your authorization to change a legal document (your timecard). Don't sign, and call your local state labor department. If you sign, they've gotten away with it for the time being.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's falsification. Report them to the ethics line.

The "Ethics Line" is nothing but a screening process for FedEx Legal to catch bad actors before the legal and/or regulatory system(s) do. Don't sign the revised card, and ask for a photocopy for your records, and to submit to the State Labor Board or your local equivalent.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This happened a few years before I transferred to my current station, but have been told every manager in the station, SM and four OM's, were fired for this very thing when someone went to HR, then the MD.

I've seen the same thing happen more than once, but several here almost convinced me that it didn't because none of the higher-ups care. Also, you can be fired if you admit that you know a manager has monkeyed with someone else's time card and you didn't report it.

Oldfart

The "Ethics Line" is nothing but a screening process for FedEx Legal to catch bad actors before the legal and/or regulatory system(s) do. Don't sign the revised card, and ask for a photocopy for your records, and to submit to the State Labor Board or your local equivalent.
Do they have a bitching and moaning line? I would imagine you have them on speed dial.

Oldfart

I haven't upgraded to the rotary phone yet. I just pu the receiver and tell Sarah who I want to talk to and she puts me right thru.