Forced breaks

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Really ever see a time card when a break has occurred during first or last hour.
says something like this:

Timecard error/warning: break taken during first/last hour.

It most definitely is policy.

It's not policy. You don't know what you're talking about.

McFeely

Huge Member
It's not policy. You don't know what you're talking about.

My SM actually told us during a meeting that he would NOT issue an OLCC or anything for a break in the first or last hour. All he cared about was the state law regarding breaks (and that is 30 min for >5 hours worked here).

It will show up as an error on your time card, but I haven't tested to see if I'd actually get a warning from mgmt.

SmithBarney

Dano: Answer, what does it say on the bottom of the time card?

DOT rules(for DOT drivers) and FedEx mirrors this rule for non DOT as well(although they don't regularly enforce it)

DOT states you cannot work a beyond 8hrs straight without a 30min break.

Meaning if you work a 9hr day, you can't take your break in the first hour or last hour.

Basically your break needs to fall somewhere within the day to ensure you do not have more than 8hrs consecutively.

PS: also remember you cannot drive on break(or to your break area) unless the vehicle is completely empty of freight, highly unlikely...

Schweddy

Balls

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
download.jpg

Geez us, thank goodness this wasn't enforced at HD , Ground...

I take my mini breaks between some stops that are far apart. While driving to that far stop that not clustered together, I break out my snackety snack snacks and nibble away.

Guess u express drivers call that a gap report

overflowed

View attachment 113209

Geez us, thank goodness this wasn't enforced at HD , Ground...

I take my mini breaks between some stops that are far apart. While driving to that far stop that not clustered together, I break out my snackety snack snacks and nibble away.

Guess u express drivers call that a gap report
That's not a break. Your driving, in other words working.

!Retired!

Really ever see a time card when a break has occurred during first or last hour.
says something like this:

Timecard error/warning: break taken during first/last hour.

It most definitely is policy.
It is DOT policy, not FedEx policy. You ever see an 'error' that says 'worked > 8 with < 1 hour break'? I see it all the time. It's programmed in the system to give you that 'error'.
My SM actually told us during a meeting that he would NOT issue an OLCC or anything for a break in the first or last hour.
If it happened to often and for no reason, you can bet you'll be spoken to. If they give you the option to take a break and it's within the 1st hour, they won't say anything because they know about it.

MemphisHubFedExer

Definitely do not sign. At the hub, they make us take breaks, but they are real breaks. I've never seen a manager try to falsify one. If a break violation has to be made, then so be it. Any manager I've delt with would take a violation over the thought of falsifying one- too much to risk.

Maui

DOT rules(for DOT drivers) and FedEx mirrors this rule for non DOT as well(although they don't regularly enforce it)

Meaning if you work a 9hr day, you can't take your break in the first hour or last hour.

Basically your break needs to fall somewhere within the day to ensure you do not have more than 8hrs consecutively.

PS: also remember you cannot drive on break(or to your break area) unless the vehicle is completely empty of freight, highly unlikely...

FedEx uses the short-haul exception and is actually exempt from this on a federal level for couriers.

59 Dano

You can take a break during your 1st or last hour unless your manager doesn't like it. Stop digging.

LOL, what did you smoke to come up with that?

59 Dano

U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division (WHD) Minimum Length of Meal Period Required under State Law for Adult Employees in Private Sector1/ January 1, 2013

For starters, Connecticut, Delaware, Kentucky, Oregon, etc. Tennessee is even better.. not allowed in first hour. Keep reading cupcake.

I said that FedEx has no set corporate policy against it, and it doesn't. People Manual clearly states that if there is a state law regarding break, it supersedes our own break policy. Keep trying, punkin!