Forced breaks

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I am agreeing with you. He has sent specific instructions to the managers to change our timecards and short us hours. He should be terminated and prosecuted.

Wow. I thought you'd be hoping he got a 5-Star Award. There's hope for you yet, Maynard.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Larry Mondello was my personal favorite. His mother looked like she was about 83 years old, and any time he got into trouble it always conveniently happened to be when his dad was away on a business trip in Cincinnati.

Schweddy

Balls
Reeeeaaally..? This is questionable at best. Sort of like you getting paid $3 more as an RTD to be a crooked courier. You continue to validate your selfish ways. And you can stop complaining about BC members whining because your comebacks are equally lame.

How can you turn a blind eye to FedEx and say these things? Because you're undeniably selfish. Go back and read Jackal's post.

I would bet Fred sits at him computer every morning and sends each DGO manager an email instructing them to change timecards and falsify hours.

I am agreeing with you. He has sent specific instructions to the managers to change our timecards and short us hours. He should be terminated and prosecuted.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Finally, VALIDATION! Now if you would just provide us with your name, employee number, and location, we will send our lawyers to depose you, and finally be rid of the source of our problems! Thank you!

Oldfart

Reeeeaaally..? This is questionable at best. Sort of like you getting paid $3 more as an RTD to be a crooked courier. You continue to validate your selfish ways. And you can stop complaining about BC members whining because your comebacks are equally lame.

How can you turn a blind eye to FedEx and say these things? Because you're undeniably selfish. Go back and read Jackal's post.
I guess if they offered you RTD/Swing pay to be a courier, you would turn it down.

SmithBarney

I think there would be a strong push/intimidation if the time card was changed.

SM: I this your time card?

Courier: Yes.

SM: Ops manager changed it here. Is this your signature?

Courier: Yes.

SM: You wouldn't sign a falsified document would you?

Courier: No.

SM: No, I wouldn't thinks so. And that's good because we have zero tolerance for falsification. By the way, make sure you code this conversation time as your lunch.

Except, we sign them at end of shift, these "break" changes if they are happening are happening on the computer, and would go unnoticed by most.

SmithBarney

We were specifically told the last time we had a long delay that we had the option to take a 30 minute break. I don't like to take a break that early in the day, so I made sure I was doing something somewhat productive instead of just standing around shooting the bull.

Break is designated as a "REST" period, that is the reason FedEx Policy is that it cannot be during your first or last hour... it is designed so that you can REST during the day so that you can maintain focus and energy levels.
If you have a 43, and your manager asks you to take a break(which he/she shouldn't since they are versed in the policy) they will offer you the opportunity ("you can take a 30 if you want") otherwise you manager should delegate duties(stock trucks, pickup trash, etc etc.) most don't do this and just eat the 43 time, it's part of the business.

bbsam

Staff member
Except, we sign them at end of shift, these "break" changes if they are happening are happening on the computer, and would go unnoticed by most.
How do they make those breaks coincide with time when no pickup and delivery activity is taking place?