Forced breaks

!Retired!

The signature also represents falsification, no?
You are as guilty as the person changing the timecard. It's like if you see a person stealing and don't report it, you can be fired along with the thief.
We were specifically told the last time we had a long delay that we had the option to take a 30 minute break. I don't like to take a break that early in the day, so I made sure I was doing something somewhat productive instead of just standing around shooting the bull.
My manager gives us the option also. While I don't like taking a break that early, sometimes I do. Then I just go out and blow through my route.
Technically yes, but most likely they'd go after whoever changed the time in the system.
.....and possibly you too. You want to risk your job by signing a falsified document, have at it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The signature also represents falsification, no?

It represents the employee signing-off on an altered legal document. In other words, if you sign, it's "OK", because you agreed to the changes. You've probably just lost your right to challenge the alterations.

This is nothing new. FedEx managers have been altering timecards and reports for years. When I was a "lead" and considering management, one of the first things I was taught was how to make everything "100%". I refused to participate, and dropped out of the program.

If you take a management position at FedEx, you must be willing to falsify and to do whatever the company asks regarding cheating employees out of compensation. Like the break instead of Code 43 garbage here. Late CTVs and planes are Fred's problem, not yours. FedEx, in it's infinite cheapness, is trying to steal (again) from the gullible. A lot of Purple Sheep People will just sign it in order to not be on the blacklist.

This is the kind of kind of activity that will eventually result in a large class action. I'm sure Dano has never falsified or otherwise compromised his integrity as a "manager".

Oldfart

It represents the employee signing-off on an altered legal document. In other words, if you sign, it's "OK", because you agreed to the changes. You've probably just lost your right to challenge the alterations.

This is nothing new. FedEx managers have been altering timecards and reports for years. When I was a "lead" and considering management, one of the first things I was taught was how to make everything "100%". I refused to participate, and dropped out of the program.

If you take a management position at FedEx, you must be willing to falsify and to do whatever the company asks regarding cheating employees out of compensation. Like the break instead of Code 43 garbage here. Late CTVs and planes are Fred's problem, not yours. FedEx, in it's infinite cheapness, is trying to steal (again) from the gullible. A lot of Purple Sheep People will just sign it in order to not be on the blacklist.

This is the kind of kind of activity that will eventually result in a large class action. I'm sure Dano has never falsified or otherwise compromised his integrity as a "manager".
The world is a much better place since you decided to not get into management. An azs wipe like you is the last thing we need running anything. People like you should never be allowed to make a decision that affects other people.

Oldfart

Oh, so you physically live in Mayberry as well. I thought only your brain resided there.
We have a guy here that has an IQ about equal to yours, maybe a tad higher than yours. He works at the gas station with Wally. But man can he sing. You can sing as well. You sing the blues all the time when you aren't bitching and crying.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We have a guy here that has an IQ about equal to yours, maybe a tad higher than yours. He works at the gas station with Wally. But man can he sing. You can sing as well. You sing the blues all the time when you aren't bitching and crying.

Goober and Gomer run the gas station, and Gomer can really sing. I hear that you, Gomer, and Floyd the barber used to go down to the Mayberry Bath House every weekend.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

2 degrees summa cum laude. My guess is that he doesn't have those.

bbsam

Staff member
Ok guys. We're all really smart and capable human beings so let's move the conversation back to a more civil and thought inspiring direction. Thank you.

BootsOnTarmac

(Express) When I was a handler / material handler management would direct us to put on our timecards ramp delay or sort delay codes and extended 13,14 codes due to bad weather, late planes, trucks etc. Following the advice of a seasoned employee I only put in 13,14 codes corresponding to my hours worked. 1/2 hour over six and 1 hour over 8. I always made a photo copy of my timecard in those situations. One time a manager made changes to my timecard extending my break and reducing my pay, asking me to initial the changes. Thanks to the advice of the seasoned employee, I produced the copy of my timecard and refused to initial the changes. I figured that while I am under the FedEx roof they will pay me to be there regardless of delays. My Advice: Don't be a sucker and get paid for all of the time you are available for work and not at home.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
'Ya know maybe if Fred's instilling the mandate of his managers falsifying time cards and therefore stealing money from hard working employees, he should be doing prison time.

Oldfart

'Ya know maybe if Fred's instilling the mandate of his managers falsifying time cards and therefore stealing money from hard working employees, he should be doing prison time.
I would bet Fred sits at him computer every morning and sends each DGO manager an email instructing them to change timecards and falsify hours.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I would bet Fred sits at him computer every morning and sends each DGO manager an email instructing them to change timecards and falsify hours.
Uh, maybe not with those exact words but they get the idea what he wants no matter how unethical.

Time to take off your FedEx issued rose colored glasses.

Oldfart

Uh, maybe not with those exact words but they get the idea what he wants no matter how unethical.

Time to take off your FedEx issued rose colored glasses.
I am agreeing with you. He has sent specific instructions to the managers to change our timecards and short us hours. He should be terminated and prosecuted.