Forced in on Mondays

brownIEman

Just like i said. A properly run building has an "extra work" list

I know you guys never follow the contract so I'm sure your building didn't have one.

I don't file for crap like that. I would rather work the least amount of hours I can...

I do file for 9-5. I would also file if after going up to managment and telling them to stop calling me... for harassment, if they continued to call me on my day off

I don't hide behind the contract, I will tell you exactly how I feel before I get the pen out. You get 1 free pass and I expect the same in return.

I ran a Saturday air operation and yes we had an extra work list for when it came in heavy. One weekend Chase sent statements or documents to a bunch of customers. None of it was on the forecast. An operation that normally did about 400 airs had about 1000. I called the entire extra work list and called drivers not on the work list. Yes I also browned up and took a bunch out. One of the senior drivers I called sounded just as overly sensitive about a damn phone call as you and bitched at me no end until I hung up on him (didn't have the time).
The next weekend - same thing (even after I called IE and sales and was told no it would not happen again). Again I needed way more than the extra list. This time though I did not call your twin mr mcgrumpypants. I let him sleep. Sure as :censored2: the next Monday he filled for violating seniority. That's the kind of :censored2:bagery that paints a target on your back in management eyes way more than standing up for yourself by just saying no don't want to come in or just not answering.

Faceplanted

I ran a Saturday air operation and yes we had an extra work list for when it came in heavy. One weekend Chase sent statements or documents to a bunch of customers. None of it was on the forecast. An operation that normally did about 400 airs had about 1000. I called the entire extra work list and called drivers not on the work list. Yes I also browned up and took a bunch out. One of the senior drivers I called sounded just as overly sensitive about a damn phone call as you and bitched at me no end until I hung up on him (didn't have the time).
The next weekend - same thing (even after I called IE and sales and was told no it would not happen again). Again I needed way more than the extra list. This time though I did not call your twin mr mcgrumpypants. I let him sleep. Sure as :censored2: the next Monday he filled for violating seniority. That's the kind of :censored2:bagery that paints a target on your back in management eyes way more than standing up for yourself by just saying no don't want to come in or just not answering.
Sounds like a management issue brah!

Way above my pay grade and intelligence.

wayfair

swollen member

you seriously think corporate gives AF about grievances???

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy

Damn that was a cool story!

brownIEman

So, do you GAF on the supes who are :censored2:bags to drivers???

Absolutely!
I'm an equal opportunity :censored2:bag hater.

I mentioned before I never had a harrasement grievance. I was considered a weak supervisor by some that I reported to because I didn't "kick so and so's ass" or retaliate against drivers by purposefully over dispatching on a Friday or any of that :censored2:bagery. I just didn't play that and had no respect for those that did.

Last edited:

Faceplanted

Agreed.

But it is why you'd get that phone call Saturday morning. And if the phone call hurt your widdle feewings? Tough.
That mentality starts a grevience war you will never win. My management has learned the hard way....

FYI I don't think I have had to file for a good 7 months. They know not to screw with me, I don't screw with my management team. Pretty simple.

YUOVER95

Same thing happened to me this morning but my phone was off. Didn’t turn it on until noon then I saw a voicemail from the Sup saying I’m forced to come in or it’s an Occurrence. I’ve been looking for forums on this all day.

Just want this cleared up!!!
If they tell me the Friday or Saturday “we need you to work Monday” then I need to come in if I don’t want an occurrence. Correct?

brownIEman

That mentality starts a grevience war you will never win. My management has learned the hard way....

FYI I don't think I have had to file for a good 7 months. They know not to screw with me, I don't screw with my management team. Pretty simple.

No. Following strict seniority in the once in a blue moon occurrence of needing to go beyond the extra work list ended the grievance war.

I'm not familiar with the language in the contract that protects you from a management mentality that expects you to man up and quit whining when they are following the contract to T. What article would you site n those grievances?
And what remedy would you request? 'stop following the contract?'

brownIEman

Same thing happened to me this morning but my phone was off. Didn’t turn it on until noon then I saw a voicemail from the Sup saying I’m forced to come in or it’s an Occurrence. I’ve been looking for forums on this all day.

Just want this cleared up!!!
If they tell me the Friday or Saturday “we need you to work Monday” then I need to come in if I don’t want an occurrence. Correct?

Yes. They cannot change your schedule on Monday morning and they cannot give you an occurrence for not coming in on a day you are scheduled off. Double check this with your steward as locations are different but I cannot imagine any local agreeing to letting them change a schedule the week of.

YUOVER95

Yes. They cannot change your schedule on Monday morning and they cannot give you an occurrence for not coming in on a day you are scheduled off. Double check this with your steward as locations are different but I cannot imagine any local letting them change a schedule the week of.
Thanks for the info.

Dr.Brownz

That is what I figured, just making sure. So they need to talk to you in person to force you, correct? Or send a diad message? Something along those lines?

Well in the past it had benefited me and I wanted a different day off than Monday. I am kind of at the point to where I just want to take my Sun-Mon if I am not being forced regardless of what is going on. I agree, no more favors even if I am slightly benefiting as well.
They have to notify you some time period in advance. There is language in the contract about when start times can be changed. Look it all up.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was going to point out that the sword cuts both ways, but brownIEman covered that. If you want to go the steward/documented discussion route, UPS can and will play the black and white no gray area game, too.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
B732A6EA-4949-430A-A832-5AE63B584755.jpeg
So... Are you saying he scored to high on his SATs to go to Alabama?