Forced Overtime

Pullman Brown

Simple , staff more part timers. They’re only guaranteed two 8 hour shifts of driving .
There’s ppl in the world who look for part time jobs for extra work, I know several ppl who quit because they wanted to be “part time” not work 6 days a week and be called part time

Never known the union to think like that. It’s definitely a option.

RangerMan06

UPS will need more PTs and RPCDs if they really want to deliver on Saturdays. 6th punch should be optional.
I personally would have no problem with PTs running deliveries on Saturdays in their personal vehicles, so long as RPCDs aren't being laid off on Mondays.

R1wonder

No personal vehicles isn’t okay , part timers in a brown truck . Years back they would ask inside employees to drive sat doing air , I’m not sure if there’s rules against that now or not , but they can hire extra staff for part time . Company needs to be up front and tell these guys you’re needed on Saturday and maybe another day or two as needed

Thebrownblob

UPS will need more PTs and RPCDs if they really want to deliver on Saturdays. 6th punch should be optional.
I personally would have no problem with PTs running deliveries on Saturdays in their personal vehicles, so long as RPCDs aren't being laid off on Mondays.
But that’s exactly what would happen, Hell Mondays have already been gutted because of the Saturday volume push. Stop giving UPS the ability to cannibalize our work.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Part timers deliver air only. Do not allow the company a part time option even for Saturdays. Huge Pandoras box that you will never recover from.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Also have to agree with the blob on the verbal diarrhea. If that is what you call it then there is more agony in your world than the rigors of this job.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
UPS will need the ability to deliver 7 days a week. We need to get ahead of it and make it worth it for the guys working weekends instead of making a lower class that gets pissed on and forced onto weekends. Should be premium work IMO.

anonymous23456

My mother- in- law is high level corporate in Atlanta. She's scared to death for her career. I tell her to not worry about her daughter cause my job is perfectly safe.
There have been layoffs over the years with corporate and supervisor level or above employees throughout the years. Two years ago it started with Sales and HR. Just like any job, there are people not deserving it and there are some deserving it. It is not a federal job where people come and coast. I'm for not being exploited by corporation but I also hate slackers.

RangerMan06

There have been layoffs over the years with corporate and supervisor level or above employees throughout the years. Two years ago it started with Sales and HR. Just like any job, there are people not deserving it and there are some deserving it. It is not a federal job where people come and coast. I'm for not being exploited by corporation but I also hate slackers.
I'm sure there are some good people in corporate that do work hard but there is an absurd amount of waste. If UPS really wants to cut back and save money they need to start there. They've squeezed all they'll ever get out of hourly

JustDeliverIt

Simple , staff more part timers. They’re only guaranteed two 8 hour shifts of driving .
There’s ppl in the world who look for part time jobs for extra work, I know several ppl who quit because they wanted to be “part time” not work 6 days a week and be called part time

Have the opposite at our building, everyone wants FT. They hire people and only work them Wednesday and Saturday then they quit because it’s not enough hours to live on. Now we are at max vacations and they have no one to cover anything. If they left a few routes in during the week they could probably keep a few people here.

JustDeliverIt

Part timers deliver air only. Do not allow the company a part time option even for Saturdays. Huge Pandoras box that you will never recover from.

We still have PT cover drivers in our supplement that are guaranteed 2 days a week. That’s how a lot of our drivers started out before 22.4’s were an option and Saturday delivery was a thing.