Forced Saturday Ground, No Guarantee

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Had our usual "forced ground starting Dec.1" PCM where EVERYONE has to show up regardless of seniority despite the fact that it's going to be a pay actual day. Our local states that we are guaranteed 8 if we are forced in.

What steps can you take if you want to work but they want to send you home because "there's not enough work"? I figure if they're going to ruin Saturday, at least ruin it for 8 whole hours and pay me the time to do it.

I know we're going to have a lot of drivers sweeping floors and parking cars....

a911scanner

If they refuse the 8 request, it's like a holiday for you.

Work 1.5 hours, go home, file grievance, get paid for 8 anyway.

Sounds like a winning combo for you. Enjoy your Christmas bonus since you don't get a turkey.

542thruNthru

Had our usual "forced ground starting Dec.1" PCM where EVERYONE has to show up regardless of seniority despite the fact that it's going to be a pay actual day. Our local states that we are guaranteed 8 if we are forced in.

What steps can you take if you want to work but they want to send you home because "there's not enough work"? I figure if they're going to ruin Saturday, at least ruin it for 8 whole hours and pay me the time to do it.

I know we're going to have a lot of drivers sweeping floors and parking cars....

I don't know where you are so I don't know your Supplmental language. Do you have a show up guarantee? Is your local saying you are not guaranteed 8 unless you work?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Where is the union making sure the center phones aren't busy making back room deals based on what routes they want to run?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I don't know where you are so I don't know your Supplmental language. Do you have a show up guarantee? Is your local saying you are not guaranteed 8 unless you work?

We do have a show up guarantee. The biggest problem we had from last year is drivers not holding management accountable and filing grievances for fear of retaliation. We would have around 30 drivers forced in and only 15 routes sent out on pay actual, with the other 15 or so drivers being told to go home. Only one or two actually filed since they were the ones with families and had a long commute.

Heavy Package

We do have a show up guarantee. The biggest problem we had from last year is drivers not holding management accountable and filing grievances for fear of retaliation.

Go in and if you are not on a route, tell them you want your 8-hr guarantee. If you don't get it, file. This is the way you have to hold them to the contract. Otherwise, it is what it is for you.

542thruNthru

We do have a show up guarantee. The biggest problem we had from last year is drivers not holding management accountable and filing grievances for fear of retaliation. We would have around 30 drivers forced in and only 15 routes sent out on pay actual, with the other 15 or so drivers being told to go home. Only one or two actually filed since they were the ones with families and had a long commute.

I hate to say it but...the company is like the union. They will take advantage of whatever mistakes you make.

Your coworkers don't file and force the company to pay. The company will continue to take advantage of it. Until the members stand up and show their disapproval. The union will allow it to happen.