Forced to work Saturday Xmas eve?

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Yes.....as a matter of fact I do. Because for who knows how many times I've mentioned I do things properly. And the ones who cut corners get dumped on.....they bring it on themselves because the sups know they'll cut corners to make it happen. So essentially they screw themselves and not me. And yet again....more people do things right = more routes in = more hired.
You sound like one of the smart ones. Also the more employees, the better it is for everybodies pension plan.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
45 minutes of that was waiting for the shuttle, loading all 13 of those packages, trying to download EDD only to be told that we would have to run them "old school".

Why didn't you volunteer to combine more work on your route so guys with kids could be home? I mean you always say how you had nothing planned and would work all day if need be.

Why not step up and take 30 or40 more stops so a few guys can go home to their families?

You could of been a hero and still caught your movie later. With your runner gunning skills, you'd make it happen.

And you would of made it better for those other guys.

PT Car Washer

Was he paid air rate for the day?
No air rate. $28.15/hr. OT rate for first year FT package car driver. Regular rate is $18.75/hr. Over all he had a good first peak as a driver. Had a rental but also had a helper. Said he would rather keep the rental and lose the helper until the first day he had to run 200 stops by himself.

Rack em

Made the Podium
13 stops, 16 packages, and 141 miles in a snowstorm. Only got stuck once and only slid down someone's driveway sideways once. What a great frickin day!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Start time 10am, Leave building time over an hour later, two pods to drop off golf cart helper stuff to. Started running my actual route around 12:30. Finished running my route around 5, 60ish stops. Went back to pick up golf cart DIADs, ran a few misloads along the way. Ran one last one nowhere near me, clocked out 6:00, just in time to grab a couple McDoubles before they closed up at 7:00.

Wife and kids are at the annual Christmas Eve party, hosted by friends of the in-laws. Working Christmas Eve has always been the case, the family is used to this lifestyle.

I've said it before, working here isn't a job, it's a lifestyle. Hopefully you have a family that understands and accepts it, regardless if Christmas Eve falls on a Saturday or not.

For those that didn't work today, I totally respect your decision, as you'd be hard pressed to find a UPSer who's been here for any length of time that would call out any other Christmas Eve outside of Sat-Sun.