Forced to work Saturday Xmas eve?

vvv

Y
You all listen to Do it by the book, do yourselves a favor! I'm glad after being burned over and over again, I adapted this attitude. I would have never made it to retirement had I not. This is my 3rd peak in retirement, loving life now! Almost (almost) have forgotten what that kind of work was like. Enjoy seeing my driver when he delivers here. He seems like a very smart guy as well☺️
Hopefully a few will get wise and learn sooner rather than later that the person they see in the mirror before they go to work is the only one that should matter when it comes to UPS.
Some guys arrive at the company brain dead, while others get brainwashed.
I myself negotiated a couple little perks just for showing up yesterday. Called my manager in the morning and said I was "feeling ill"......he was expecting this of course.....asked what was on my route.....he told me.....I then asked for a few areas to disappear....agreed upon....asked for 2 more small things that I won't divulge.....agreed again.....and wouldn't know it.....I started feeling much better and showered up and went in to work and all were satisfied.
The other usual suspects or company puppets and yes men on here who say "they're forced" to work today on Saturday make me sick. If you want to willingly work and make some money that's fine as I have no issue with that. But being a supposed grown man and saying they forced you.......toughen up some guys.

vvv

Christmas Eve is not normally on a Saturday, hence the lower hourly rate.

I volunteered to work tomorrow. I am not going down to visit my daughter and her family until Monday and it is hard to pass up the $51/hr to shuttle air around town. It sucks that we are not starting until 10 am as I was hoping to go in for 3-4 hours and still have time to catch a movie and treat myself to dinner.
So if you start at 10am.....work your 4 hours until 2pm.....how can you not have time to see a movie and have a nice dinner?
*** :)

Last edited by a moderator:

evilleace

They don't have the right to do so here without changing our schedule a week in advance, they are still trying to force but almost everyone they sent a start time to yesterday told them no. I told them no Thursday night when I got in and didn't here a word about it yesterday other than Merry Christmas.

Indecisi0n

Hopefully a few will get wise and learn sooner rather than later that the person they see in the mirror before they go to work is the only one that should matter when it comes to UPS.
I myself negotiated a couple little perks just for showing up yesterday. Called my manager in the morning and said I was "feeling ill"......he was expecting this of course.....asked what was on my route.....he told me.....I then asked for a few areas to disappear....agreed upon....asked for 2 more small things that I won't divulge.....agreed again.....and wouldn't know it.....I started feeling much better and showered up and went in to work and all were satisfied.
The other usual suspects or company puppets and yes men on here who say "they're forced" to work today on Saturday make me sick. If you want to willingly work and make some money that's fine as I have no issue with that. But being a supposed grown man and saying they forced you.......toughen up some guys.
So your saying making deals that benefits you and screws other teamsters is how we should be? You didn't think those other areas just disappeared right? Or maybe your family is more important then the guy getting screwed.

P

pickup

I have never seen more grown men crying over having to go to work and make $53 a hour...more americans would go to work on Christmas Eve for half that.

Well none of those Americans applied as casuals at my feeder department as many of them are being forced to work today. And from the comments I heard in the lunchroom yesterday, none of them are happy about it.

vvv

So your saying making deals that benefits you and screws other teamsters is how we should be? You didn't think those other areas just disappeared right? Or maybe your family is more important then the guy getting screwed.
Yes.....as a matter of fact I do. Because for who knows how many times I've mentioned I do things properly. And the ones who cut corners get dumped on.....they bring it on themselves because the sups know they'll cut corners to make it happen. So essentially they screw themselves and not me. And yet again....more people do things right = more routes in = more hired.

Indecisi0n

Yes.....as a matter of fact I do. Because for who knows how many times I've mentioned I do things properly. And the ones who cut corners get dumped on.....they bring it on themselves because the sups know they'll cut corners to make it happen. So essentially they screw themselves and not me. And yet again....more people do things right = more routes in = more hired.
Merry Christmas....scab.

Future

Victory Ride
Quiet...get the water off behind your ears

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You're a complete piece of trash MEster.

over9five

Staff member
"Doing things properly" is calling in like a little girl, and crying till you get work removed?
Are you drinking?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
"Doing things properly" is calling in like a little girl, and crying till you get work removed?
Are you drinking?
No no if we all do it "they'll hire more people and put more routes in"

image.jpeg