Forcing Monday work

tramtwo

In the Southern...

Other than calling in there is no mechanism to take a 'forced day' off or avoid being forced on Saturday as a M-friend rpcd. As a non-scheduled work day you can't use an option day, you can't use your personal holiday, you won't and can't be compensated so a call in is your only option if you want that day off.

You can even be forced to report the Saturday before your vacation and the Saturday after your vacation! ( Vacations are Monday through Friday officially.)

The kicker for me is you could call in every Saturday and they would begin giving warning letters for attendance. You could be terminated for not working on a 6-day consistently.

In the Southern...

Other than calling in there is no mechanism to take a 'forced day' off or avoid being forced on Saturday as a M-friend rpcd. As a non-scheduled work day you can't use an option day, you can't use your personal holiday, you won't and can't be compensated so a call in is your only option if you want that day off.

You can even be forced to report the Saturday before your vacation and the Saturday after your vacation! ( Vacations are Monday through Friday officially.)

The kicker for me is you could call in every Saturday and they would begin giving warning letters for attendance. You could be terminated for not working on a 6-day consistently.
How in the world can I force you in on Saturday of your vacation?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
08F8C88C-8ECF-4F29-9CB4-064AB2544DA7.jpeg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In the Southern...

If vacations are m-friend why do we pick week ending and the Saturday?

It makes me sad knowing so many people will fall for that threat. I like how it says PER UPS. Like its some sort of corporate mandate.
Maybe if the company tried to negotiate with thesthe union in good faith when something out of the ordinary happens, things will go much smoother

But no they always make up their own rules Wait till many grievances are filed and it takes a year to get straightened out.

The union needs to step up here right now

tramtwo

Yeah I guess they can't force although the contract says they can. Thanks for the info guys.

Attachments

• 0529201642.jpg
    0529201642.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 158