Forcing the Unions to fight fascism.

The Driver

I drive.
I'm more worried about things like their support of M4A and $15 federal min wage. I want the Teamsters to focus on Teamsters and not this other crap.
I was only trying to understand what Beck rights were and I have no intention of exercising them YET.
View attachment 348634View attachment 348636
If they are successful in lobbying for the $15 minimum wage it gives them leverage to bargain for even higher wages for union labor. Taking (earning) a larger slice of the pie from the highest earners. You don't see this?

meritocracy

If they are successful in lobbying for the $15 minimum wage it gives them leverage to bargain for even higher wages for union labor. Taking (earning) a larger slice of the pie from the highest earners. You don't see this?
Exactly. If lower skilled or non-union workers are making more money, then Teamsters are also making more money. If we have M4A we don't have to negotiate with employers on health insurance which is a huge bargaining item. That money can be reallocated to wages and pension.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm more worried about things like their support of M4A and $15 federal min wage. I want the Teamsters to focus on Teamsters and not this other crap.
I was only trying to understand what Beck rights were and I have no intention of exercising them YET.
View attachment 348634View attachment 348636
Their social media is a lot of left wing trash.
I don't know what the hell they're thinking with that stuff, it's totally unnecessary and I'm sure it ticks a lot of members off.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Recent history teaches us that inflation due to wage gikes cancels those rate hikes.

meritocracy

Recent history teaches us that inflation due to wage gikes cancels those rate hikes.
Price inflation is less than wage inflation. The CPI has gone up what, 5% year over year this year, maximum? Wages for a lot of people, especially in the service industry, have gone up 25-50%. You've got package handlers at UPS who've gotten MRAs that took their wages from like $15/hr to $20/hr.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
M4A is cheaper than even the cheapest (largest) union health insurance plans. The cost savings would make things easier for our side in contract negotiations.
Teamcare has a surplus and I like no referrals and an amazing provider selection. The Teamsters push M4A knowing the quality of member health insurance will decline significantly

The Driver

I drive.
Their social media is a lot of left wing trash.
I don't know what the hell they're thinking with that stuff, it's totally unnecessary and I'm sure it ticks a lot of members off.
I'm sure the answer is just to support the Republican Party which is happy to give all our gains to the wealthy. They'll take care of us. Make sure to give them all the tax cuts we can, too.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Price inflation is less than wage inflation. The CPI has gone up what, 5% year over year this year, maximum? Wages for a lot of people, especially in the service industry, have gone up 25-50%. You've got package handlers at UPS who've gotten MRAs that took their wages from like $15/hr to $20/hr.
  • Average hourly wages grew 3.6% in June relative to last year, the most in more than a decade.
  • However, inflation essentially gave the average worker about a 2% pay cut, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

meritocracy

No I just don't buy into the idea that if we let the government run our healthcare we'll be better off.
I think a lot of members agree with that.
The government wouldn't run your health care though. They'd just put everyone on one health insurance provider, which drastically lowers administrative costs and increases choice when you go to the doctor or get prescriptions or a surgery.

meritocracy

• Average hourly wages grew 3.6% in June relative to last year, the most in more than a decade.
  • However, inflation essentially gave the average worker about a 2% pay cut, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Not sure if you know this but we aren't "average" workers.

meritocracy

Teamcare has a surplus and I like no referrals and an amazing provider selection. The Teamsters push M4A knowing the quality of member health insurance will decline significantly
Dude Teamcare is awesome because it's a huge health insurance provider. M4A, because it would be massive, is like Teamcare on steroids. You'd have the widest provider selection and lowest prices possible.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm sure the answer is just to support the Republican Party which is happy to give all our gains to the wealthy. They'll take care of us. Make sure to give them all the tax cuts we can, too.
No, you drama queen, I'm saying there's no reason for the teamsters to virtue signal on social media by delving into hot button cultural issues that don't have anything to do with union activity.