Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I don't usually agree with MAKEVELI on too many things but basic research does show that Mississippi is the poorest state in the U.S. and has been for quite some time. I have family residing in California and they actually seem to be doing quite well right now. Can't speak for the rest of the state, but it's all what you make of life and how are you are willing to work to be independent and successful in my opinion regardless what state you live in. Hell, look at New Jersey right now.
http://www.politifact.com/californi...alifornia-has-nations-highest-poverty-rate-w/

Statistics are primarily made to be manipulated.

MAKAVELI

Which States Are Givers and Which Are Takers?
Another part of the explanation is easier to discern. The reddest states on that map at the top—Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, New Mexico, Maine—have exceptionally high poverty rates and thus receive disproportionately large shares of federal dollars. Through a variety of social programs, the federal government disburses hundreds of billions of dollars each year to maintain a “safety net” intended to help the neediest among us. Consider, for example, the percentage of each state’s residents who get “food stamps” through the federal government’s SNAP program. This chart tells the story.

bacha29

Which States Are Givers and Which Are Takers?
Another part of the explanation is easier to discern. The reddest states on that map at the top—Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, New Mexico, Maine—have exceptionally high poverty rates and thus receive disproportionately large shares of federal dollars. Through a variety of social programs, the federal government disburses hundreds of billions of dollars each year to maintain a “safety net” intended to help the neediest among us. Consider, for example, the percentage of each state’s residents who get “food stamps” through the federal government’s SNAP program. This chart tells the story.
And here's the funny part. The states that are among the most dependent on federal aid and SNAP benefits make up a sizable share of Trump and the GOP's political base. I wonder what they'll do if the GOP controlled Congress makes good on it's pledge to "save" and "reform" (translation: major cuts if not completely defund) to these programs.

Bingo

The real truth is that Repubs who are accepting public assistance are embarrassed and want jobs to get off and thats why they voted for Trump- on the other hand the people who are on public assistance and voted for Hillary are quite happy with the hand outs and wish for it to continue

bbsam

Staff member
The real truth is that Repubs who are accepting public assistance are embarrassed and want jobs to get off and thats why they voted for Trump- on the other hand the people who are on public assistance and voted for Hillary are quite happy with the hand outs and wish for it to continue
I bet you can color inside the lines. Good for you!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
A high cost of living combined with supply and demand will put a lot of low income people in that category. Then we have people on the right, like yourself who try to fight higher min wage laws to help these people out of poverty.

You have Jerry Brown as your governor and each house of the CA state government has Democrats outnumbering Republicans by a 2:1 ratio and you want to blame conservatives for the poverty there? LOL!!!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And here's the funny part. The states that are among the most dependent on federal aid and SNAP benefits make up a sizable share of Trump and the GOP's political base. I wonder what they'll do if the GOP controlled Congress makes good on it's pledge to "save" and "reform" (translation: major cuts if not completely defund) to these programs.

In my house, we'll cheer!

MAKAVELI

You have Jerry Brown as your governor and each house of the CA state government has Democrats outnumbering Republicans by a 2:1 ratio and you want to blame conservatives for the poverty there? LOL!!!
Show me where I blamed conservatives for poverty in California. Lol!!!!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
se·man·tics
səˈman(t)iks/
noun
  1. the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. There are a number of branches and subbranches of semantics, including formal semantics, which studies the logical aspects of meaning, such as sense, reference, implication, and logical form, lexical semantics, which studies word meanings and word relations, and conceptual semantics, which studies the cognitive structure of meaning.
    • the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text.
      plural noun: semantics
      "such quibbling over semantics may seem petty stuff"

MAKAVELI

se·man·tics
səˈman(t)iks/
noun
  1. the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. There are a number of branches and subbranches of semantics, including formal semantics, which studies the logical aspects of meaning, such as sense, reference, implication, and logical form, lexical semantics, which studies word meanings and word relations, and conceptual semantics, which studies the cognitive structure of meaning.
    • the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text.
      plural noun: semantics
      "such quibbling over semantics may seem petty stuff"
Glad you know how to look up words. Now go look up misconstrue.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Considering how much you and others blame the Right for everything it's hard to misconstrue your implication.
Considering how big of a persecution complex some people on the right have I'm not surprised you took it that way. The whole world is out to get you lol. You guys have it so hard.

SmithBarney

Back to the original topic....

So word is this morning, there is a big announcement coming down soon...anyone heard anything FDX ticker going strong...

SmithBarney

Announcement:
FedEx Express employees receive some of the best compensation in the industry, and based on independent studies employees are very happy and don't want raises.
-Fred S