Fred's Conundrum With Senior Employees

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We all know Fred wants to get rid of senior, topped-out employees, but a lot of them are hanging around because they have to, not because they want to stay longer in FedEx hell. Why? Most cannot afford to retire. Even if they are under the Traditional Plan for the bulk of their retirement funding, that is still a piddly amount. And if they didn't do the 401k? They have even less to retire on. In other words, because he is so freaking cheap, Freddie gets to have 70 year-old couriers some day. Isn't that just swell?

The net result is that these people are staying and putting a kink in Fred's plan to re-invent the wheel into a square. Serves the old jerk right. Screw you, Smith!

thedownhillEXPRESS

I don't know, it appears they are gearing up for a mass firing.
Miss your monthly numbers more than 3 times in 12 months and you are gone.

No checkrides, no re setting of goals, make them or else is what we have been told.

I know this will bring on law suits, but I think they are weighing the consequences and going all in with this strategy.

This helps explain the nationwide mass hiring of part time stooges.

Something is definitely in the air.

MAKAVELI

Mis your monthly numbers more than 3 times in 12 months and you are gone.

No checkrides, no re setting of goals, make them or else is what we have been told.

I know this will bring on law suits, but I think they are weighing the consequences and going all in with this strategy.

I personally think it's a bluff. I'm sure there is a long-term plan to downsize but something that drastic and fast wouldn't go well for the company and it's golden image. I think some of this has to do with the talk of unionizing and trying to snuff out any attempt at organizing or any unifying actions such as WAD. Express is imploding and it all starts at the top. It's quite the sight to see.

Miss your monthly numbers more than 3 times in 12 months and you are gone.

POOP ON FRED!!!!!!!!!!!Pay your drivers or join the BROWN side of the force!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I personally think it's a bluff. I'm sure there is a long-term plan to downsize but something that drastic and fast wouldn't go well for the company and it's golden image. I think some of this has to do with the talk of unionizing and trying to snuff out any attempt at organizing or any unifying actions such as WAD. Express is imploding and it all starts at the top. It's quite the sight to see.

True. Very entertaining to watch them flail around trying to solve "the problem". Trouble is, THEY are the problem. Naturally, the "solution" is greater productivity from us. This why WAD is so important. It kills productivity by simply following their own rules.

DontThrowPackages

Too late. WAD is in full effect at our location. Soon as the sort is over, we check to see what we're suppose to leave with...p1 and p2. There's no longer a sense of guilt for going out with exactly what the sheet says to take anymore, not one stop more. And if we are "forced" to take 5 extra stops, we have 5 lates and since those 5 lates must be delivered in p2 cycle, the RTB time will be later. Our station was one of the best in the district for service. Nobody wants to do anymore than they have to these days. The leadership killed our enthusiasm about doing Extra. No accidents, late attendances, no misdels, no misPods, no missing SPH. These are the goals of the remaining employees.

Doc Sorting Dude

Yeah, we are used to being the "Station of the Month" but now-a-days we are struggling to be in the top 3. Our SM is looking kind of stressed and has lost weight and even starting smoking. Great image and leadership role model right?