FT Drivers

UPSGUY72

What would be the lowest hourly wage you would perform your job at?
I keep hearing a lot of "PT employees could have controlled the contract if they just voted."
Be honest. The lowest hourly wage before you start looking for another job with competitive wage and such.

Currently the lowest rate of pay that would keep me working is $32.26. Once the contract gets finalized it will be $32.96 until next Aug 1.

I bust my ass day in and day out and earn every penny of that $32.26 I currently make. Even in 5 years when I'll be making at least $36.16 I still will be earning every penny. I'm not over paid for the work that I do. I have heard a lot of no touch long haulers say to me "that's why you guys get the big bucks" as they watched me unload or pick of a bulk stop and physically handle every piece.

Those whole would work for less than what they are currently making are plain idiots.

PT Car Washer

Cool. I talked to a guy last year at my hub who probably has around 30 + years under his belt. He worked the car wash for most of his career at UPS, until they finally eliminated the position. According to him, it was a fight to keep the car wash job for most of his time there. Now hes an auditor.
Can not eliminate any FT car wash jobs and I am the only PT car washer. Probably be unloading trailers if I don't take care of the center manager who controls the car wash.

quamba 638

What would be the lowest hourly wage you would perform your job at?
I keep hearing a lot of "PT employees could have controlled the contract if they just voted."
Be honest. The lowest hourly wage before you start looking for another job with competitive wage and such.

Currently the lowest rate of pay that would keep me working is $32.26. Once the contract gets finalized it will be $32.96 until next Aug 1.

I bust my ass day in and day out and earn every penny of that $32.26 I currently make. Even in 5 years when I'll be making at least $36.16 I still will be earning every penny. I'm not over paid for the work that I do. I have heard a lot of no touch long haulers say to me "that's why you guys get the big bucks" as they watched me unload or pick of a bulk stop and physically handle every piece.

Those whole would work for less than what they are currently making are plain idiots.

So then if next contract rolls around and UPS is hurting, and they propose a five dollar an hour pay cut, putting you back around 31 an hour.... You would quit?

UPSGUY72

So then if next contract rolls around and UPS is hurting, and they propose a five dollar an hour pay cut, putting you back around 31 an hour.... You would quit?

That isn't going to happen. You know it and I know and everyone else knows it. But if in your fantasy world that was to happen cutting employees pay isn't going to save a company that went from making billions a quarter to losing billions in 5 years.

To answer your question I would be looking for another job during the strike. I would probably have to go back to flying helicopters hopefully on some warm Island.

PT Car Washer

That isn't going to happen. You know it and I know and everyone else knows it. But if in your fantasy world that was to happen cutting employees pay isn't going to save a company that went from making billions a quarter to losing billions in 5 years.

To answer your question I would be looking for another job during the strike. I would probably have to go back to flying helicopters hopefully on some warm Island.
Really, not going to happen? Anything can happen. And yes I would take a $5.00 an hour pay cut to keep working. I have had a lot of harder jobs that paid a lot less. I would not scab.

quamba 638

Did you notice how everyone else understood my post and didn't take offense to it? I'm not saying you don't "bust your ass" or "this would ever happen", or you "dont deserve what you make"

This totally flew right over your head... like a helicopter. My original post was asking a simple question. Hypothetical ya know! Then in my original post: I hear a lot of "part timers could control the contract if they just voted".

So, if the PT employees voted in droves, and voted to make the starting wage 15 for PT and take away money from the FT employees to make it happen then you would strike? How?
Forget it. You would be flying a helicopter on a warm island for a living. How does one apply for that?

Disclaimer: I don't want this to happen, nor do I think it will.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

What brand of rc helicopter? I heard they have some good cheap ones at target :)

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Pictures or it isn't true.
image.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I hear a lot of "part timers could control the contract if they just voted".

I've heard that during every contract vote going back to the 1970's .
Yet it never happens .

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
You Aint Even Know It, It's different in every building. Look...I'm a reasonably nice guy, but you're pretty inexperienced and by evidence of your posts, pretty full of yourself. I've been pt for 17 years. I've worked for 2 buildings on every sort UPS offers. I've had my share of 60 hour weeks between pt and air/utility driving. I've had my share of weeks on the preload during peak where we worked the normal 20-25 hours and the snowy peaks where we were there 50 hours a week. It happens. Not everywhere is the same as where your at. You have a really narrow view of the world and little in the way of experience. Do yourself a solid and realize that you don't know how things work in parts of the country you've never been to. Calling someone a liar without any evidence is in all honesty...pretty dumb.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You Aint Even Know It, It's different in every building. Look...I'm a reasonably nice guy, but you're pretty inexperienced and by evidence of your posts, pretty full of yourself. I've been pt for 17 years. I've worked for 2 buildings on every sort UPS offers. I've had my share of 60 hour weeks between pt and air/utility driving. I've had my share of weeks on the preload during peak where we worked the normal 20-25 hours and the snowy peaks where we were there 50 hours a week. It happens. Not everywhere is the same as where your at. You have a really narrow view of the world and little in the way of experience. Do yourself a solid and realize that you don't know how things work in parts of the country you've never been to. Calling someone a liar without any evidence is in all honesty...pretty dumb.
25 hrs a week preload peaks? That's pretty good. Despite a lack of snow in december...we still usually get 35 hr+ weeks.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
25 hr preload peaks? That's pretty good. Despite a lack of snow in december...we still usually get 35 hr+ peak weeks.
We don't always get heavy snows...most years our heaviest snows are in January and February. Sometimes we'll get a few inches in December during peak and it'll melt but then turn to inch thick ice. It ruins a day or two. We had 17 inches one night 4 years ago. That sucked...I work Twilight and I didn't get home until 7 am.