Full time driver benefits

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I am talking about as a newly full time driver just qualified and made full time seniority. One person says 9 months another “as soon as you qualify”. This is my issue. I drove during peak last year, went to part time on preload, then was given the opportunity to qualify about a month and a half ago. Monday will be my 30th full time working day. I asked hr when I would get benefits after qualifying. One person told me about 8 weeks after qualifying another told me 9 months from my part time start date. Which is it?? My on road sup told me he thought a year, but he wasn’t sure. I am just trying to get a definitive answer to this for planning purposes, I have kids that I am currently paying out of pocket for and need an answer to what I thought would be an easy question...initially.

Part time employees have to wait 9 months, unless your supplement states differently.

UPSNMA

Article 34

Section 2

(d) Notwithstanding any contrary provision in any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum, (i) individual and dependent/spousal health coverage will be made available to part-time employees on the payroll as of or hired after August 1, 2018 after nine (9) months of active employment.

Full time employees, under Teamcare, which most of us are under, is 8 weeks after qualifying.

You are eligible 8 weeks after you gain FT seniority, as long as you work at least once during each week.

Teamcare Eligibility.jpg

Wolv

So insurance start as soon as you start full time or is there a 30 day wait. I came from Abf freight and had to wait 30 days. I start this Monday March 8th. Full time feeder driver
I’m in the Great Lakes region...full time feeder who started in November. My union BA told me I will need 30 punches to get seniority and then my benefits will start AFTER there are 8 weeks of contributions (minimum of one punch a week right now iirc).

djones264

I’m in the Great Lakes region...full time feeder who started in November. My union BA told me I will need 30 punches to get seniority and then my benefits will start AFTER there are 8 weeks of contributions (minimum of one punch a week right now iirc).
Thank you.

cachmeifucan

I was hired for peak last year, laid off and took a withdrawal card from the union, came back as an RPCD and got my benefits package saying I was qualified for insurance a few weeks ago. They counted my peak, lay-off and time back as an RPCD.
You took a withdrawal card and you just started. Over 25 years I been out a few times never did that. Sounds petty I'd rather pay so I'm a member in good standing to vote a go to meeting's. But you probably think going on here is like a meeting. Do yourself a favor the dues you should of paid donate that much