Full Time Driver Disqualification

lilwill

sup guys, I got the chance to go full time. Never did any air or temp so it was all new. I was under everyday my supervisor was in the truck and also 8 days on my own. I was told on my 28th day that I was DQ bc I worked through my lunch two times. I was told I wasn’t going to get a chance to get an extension and I have to wait a full year. Can and should anything be done about this?

sup guys, I got the chance to go full time. Never did any air or temp so it was all new. I was under everyday my supervisor was in the truck and also 8 days on my own. I was told on my 28th day that I was DQ bc I worked through my lunch two times. I was told I wasn’t going to get a chance to get an extension and I have to wait a full year. Can and should anything be done about this?
They can DQ you for just about any reason

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Your lucky they didn't fire you for falsifying records

542thruNthru

You can file a grievance but I doubt anything will come of it.

Still you never know.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
You should be fired for Falsifying Records

At my center most of the qualifying drivers worked through their lunch. They still put it in, but worked through it. Hell, some of the drivers STILL don't take a lunch. Management doesn't enforce it, which is fine. They can come take work off of me while I stuff my face at the local sushi place.

LarryBird

They don't wanna waste a guy like you in the hourly ranks - a fella who bleeds brown. They think you've got what it takes for a management position. They're drafting their proposal as I type this.

Keep an eye on your email.

Superteeth2478

Good riddance. If the fools in management actually walked the walk instead of just talking the talk they'd DQ every subpar driver who couldn't qualify without falsifying their records. Fools like you destroy full-time jobs.

RxSatellite

How many times were you under on your own though? How many late air and missed pkgs did you have?

And yeah if you keyed in an hour lunch and worked through it thats cheating your numbers

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You can sort the truck while on break or lunch to qualify, but you can't drive or scan a barcode when you aren't getting paid. Where I am, they have trouble hiring drivers and now you can bid six months later. Consider it a lesson learned and good luck next time. It took me a couple of times to finally make it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why were you disqualified? Did you have any late nda or savers? How did you friend it up? Be honest here ffs.
D97F4B58-CD4D-4AB0-AFC4-8AD941AE6190.gif

Here’s how he started out

After a week he was only hitting 4 comes

KoennenTiger

View attachment 251897

Here’s how he started out

After a week he was only hitting 4 comes

Sheesh that gets you DQed these days? I remember back in my first ever week of training one of the guys there ran two stop signs, a red light, and ran another car off the road. Lel he's had the route right next to mine for years now. Heck I remember years ago the conference call with current mnger when they were introducing every new driver to complete their packet.

Prior to the call that mngr pulled up all the stats and bragged at me that I was the only driver to actually run under scratch. I ran under every day but then I was utility for years.

There were guys who were like 200 over every single day that they passed. The only real important things to get through your packet were:

1) zero accidents, zero injuries. Auto DQ

2) zero late NDA. If you had one and were not running straight air auto DQ. Easy fix always run straight air in your packet.

3) zero late savers and zero missed. Easy as pie on a training route.

Do those three things and they didn't even care if those guys were two hours over.