Gender discrimination at U.P.S.?

Indecisi0n

I know her. She is perhaps one of the best drivers I have ever seen. I knew one female driver, a cute little blonde, whose water broke while being time studied. She never asked for special treatment but the guys on the routes she covered sure gave her extra help.

I sometimes wish I was a pretty blonde.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
I knew a female package driver who kept having babies just for the time off. I lost count but think it was 4 or 5 kids.
I've never considered putting myself through inestimable expenses in time and money for the next 18 years just to have a few months off. But I guess I'm not one of them there illogical women. Is it possible that maybe she had kids for reasons other than some maternity leave?

oldngray

nowhere special
I've never considered putting myself through inestimable expenses in time and money for the next 18 years just to have a few months off. But I guess I'm not one of them there illogical women. Is it possible that maybe she had kids for reasons other than some maternity leave?

I was just going by what she said.

oldupsman

The amount of help the guys would give her when she would run a nut and bolt route makes me wish I was a pretty blonde. They would practically unload and load her truck for her.

I had a quarry on my route that used to constantly get parts over 100 pounds. I'd pull into the shop
and tell the parts guy and he'd get 2 young guys to unload those packages. I was a 50 something old bald guy.
Maybe she just was well liked by her customers like I was. I worked with at least 10 different women drivers
during my career. Never had a problem with one.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
There are two centers in my bldg. The other center has 4 females and mine has one.

I can't speak for the ladies over there, but I can tell you this. The Lady in my center runs a route that makes most of her male counterparts (myself included) wince. She's a ray of sunshine and positivity in a place that's seldom found. She doesn't get preferential treatment nor does she expect any. I'm proud to sling boxes with her and strive to be what she expects from a co-worker. I bet tooner's route neighbors feel the same way.

Sent using a Potato