Getting to know you.

Ms.PacMan

Brown Betties,,,, women that worked at UPS during WWII... I found plenty of tea pots,,, not quite what I was looking for : ) I found a picture on UPSers a long time ago... Instead of pants they delivered in skirts ....

Oh ya... Thanks for tring!

There aren't a lot of pictures of Brown Betty's out there. I could only find one.
brown betty.jpg

over9five

Staff member
Welcome to BC, MechanicforBrown. Great post, makes me feel like I already know you.

Welcome to Geist, AAY, Bluehd, Tatersdad and anyone else I missed!

UPSERNOJ

Female - 42
Born and raised - Manhattan, NY
Started at UPS in 1985 - MNY
Currently work in NJ
Married - 2 boys , 1 girl
Two Schnauzers - Jack and Jill
New to BC

upser0725

Female 59
work and live in new jersey
started ups in 1985 central jersey
3 grown boys 29,29,32
my hobby is riding a motorcycle
married 39 yrs

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Moved to NJ at the age of 34. So different than NYC!

Same here, moved from the Bronx, and I don't mean Throgs Neck, LOL. I go back every now and then to visit. Just lost my Mom up there, so won't be visiting as much. Though all the rest of my family is there, I'll probably do once a year.

bellesotico

BOXstar
Name: Bellesotico, Belle
Start Date: 5/07
Sex: friend Age: 38
New Yorker transplanted in MI.
Single: Yes but my heart is taken.
Kids: 2
UPS position: preload, "troublemaker" which is UPS speak for part-timer that puts management logic to the test. (My manager has yet to pass).
Hobbies: Cooking, reading, community activism, and B/C sporadically.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Female 59
work and live in new jersey
started ups in 1985 central jersey
3 grown boys 29,29,32
my hobby is riding a motorcycle
married 39 yrs
You go girl! What do you have? I have just recently upgraded from a '95 1200 sportster to a '99 Dyna SuperGlide.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Name: Bellesotico, Belle
Start Date: 5/07
Sex: friend Age: 38
New Yorker transplanted in MI.
Single: Yes but my heart is taken.
Kids: 2
UPS position: preload, "troublemaker" which is UPS speak for part-timer that puts management logic to the test. (My manager has yet to pass).
Hobbies: Cooking, reading, community activism, and B/C sporadically.

Welcome officially, Belle, though I know you've been around awhile.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
hows that 1944 brown betty signals to turn left

Rosie O'Donnell's mother?

Nice! Hmm I guess I was looking for something that didn't look like Rosie O'donnalds mom. But that's for ur efforts! Maybe a little hotter :)

In that case, I'll have to photshop something for you. I'll post it tomorrow.

i was hoping you or UK would pretty her up
Tried keeping the face looking like that era. How'd I do?
1123.jpg

colleenkslife

colleenkslife
Colleen Kavanagh
Pontiac/Auburn Hills, MI
30 years old but dont tell anyone
Started UPS as a helper in GA in 2004, hired in after January 1 2005.
Had to quit to move to MI for domestic reasons. My rehire Feb 22 2006. Still a newbee!! Currently laid-off/on call:angry:
I have 2 boys 10 and 5 whos father is currently serving 10 yrs for domestic reasons:biting:

I am enjoying my extended vacation I guess Im lucky to be laid-off after one of my vacations. Wonder if I can collect umemployment though???:anxious:

UPSERNOJ

Same here, moved from the Bronx, and I don't mean Throgs Neck, LOL. I go back every now and then to visit. Just lost my Mom up there, so won't be visiting as much. Though all the rest of my family is there, I'll probably do once a year.

Sorry for your loss. All of my family still is in Manhattan. My parents make the trip to NJ to visit every Sunday since I moved.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
:winks:Not to bad STUG

Thanks, MFB, didn't think anyone noticed.

Colleen Kavanagh
Pontiac/Auburn Hills, MI
30 years old but dont tell anyone
Started UPS as a helper in GA in 2004, hired in after January 1 2005.
Had to quit to move to MI for domestic reasons. My rehire Feb 22 2006. Still a newbee!! Currently laid-off/on call:angry:
I have 2 boys 10 and 5 whos father is currently serving 10 yrs for domestic reasons:biting:

I am enjoying my extended vacation I guess Im lucky to be laid-off after one of my vacations. Wonder if I can collect umemployment though???:anxious:

Domestic reasons, gotcha, I hate doing dishes, too. j/k I gotcha on the domestic stuff.

Anyways, Welcome to the Brown Cafe, Colleen. Sorry to hear about the layoff, but I do believe you can collect, can't hurt to try, especially if it will be awhile. Try the search bar, looking for layoffs and see if your answer is in one of those threads, if not, make your own thread and see what they say.

Sorry for your loss. All of my family still is in Manhattan. My parents make the trip to NJ to visit every Sunday since I moved.

Thanks UPSERNOJ, appreciate the sentiment. Where's the fam, North, South, East or West, in the City? Have a sis the lives on 25th between 9th and 10th. I've lived just north of 207th and hung out all over the city.

UPSERNOJ

Thanks UPSERNOJ, appreciate the sentiment. Where's the fam, North, South, East or West, in the City? Have a sis the lives on 25th between 9th and 10th. I've lived just north of 207th and hung out all over the city.[/quote]

My husband lived on 25th between 9th and 10th. Chelsea (P) if you know what I mean.... I was Fulton (P), 19th between 9th and 10th. Still have family and friends that live in Chelsea too. Same here, I never really went uptown past 125th. I pretty much hung down the village and in Brooklyn, Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst, Sheepshead Bay.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Thanks UPSERNOJ, appreciate the sentiment. Where's the fam, North, South, East or West, in the City? Have a sis the lives on 25th between 9th and 10th. I've lived just north of 207th and hung out all over the city.

My husband lived on 25th between 9th and 10th. Chelsea (P) if you know what I mean.... I was Fulton (P), 19th between 9th and 10th. Still have family and friends that live in Chelsea too. Same here, I never really went uptown past 125th. I pretty much hung down the village and in Brooklyn, Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst, Sheepshead Bay.[/quote]

Very cool! My Dad lived all over that area. I'm 43, so we're from the same era. Hubby from the city as well?

UPSERNOJ

My husband lived on 25th between 9th and 10th. Chelsea (P) if you know what I mean.... I was Fulton (P), 19th between 9th and 10th. Still have family and friends that live in Chelsea too. Same here, I never really went uptown past 125th. I pretty much hung down the village and in Brooklyn, Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst, Sheepshead Bay.

Very cool! My Dad lived all over that area. I'm 43, so we're from the same era. Hubby from the city as well?

He is from the Dominican Republic and moved to Chelsea at the age of 8 or 10. He still has family that lives in Chelsea.