Getting to know you.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Name: Dave

Start date: May 1989

Sex/Age: Male 48

Marital status: Divorced with 2 kids Megan 24 David 21 (not jr.)

20 yrs in, 10 to go Love to read (John Grisham) and follow all Boston sports teams
I knew you twernt all bad. Any one who likes John Grisham can't be bad. LOL:happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I just started "The Associate" today--130 pages in. Good read so far.
Grisham can be a little slow in the beginning because of all the ground work that he lays for his stories, but he is one of my favorite authors. I have read many of them. I agree with BD, Rainmaker is one of his best.

wrecker

Hello everyone!

My name is John.

I live in RI, work in MA

I'm 33.

Started UPS June 1994.

Pkg Driver 2000-2007.

Presently on an unload bid in the hub.

Summer and Peak "Causal" driver in feeders.

Married 10 yrs, no children.

Been reading BC for quite some time, just became a member.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Hello everyone!

My name is John.

I live in RI, work in MA

I'm 33.

Started UPS June 1994.

Pkg Driver 2000-2007.

Presently on an unload bid in the hub.

Summer and Peak "Causal" driver in feeders.

Married 10 yrs, no children.

Been reading BC for quite some time, just became a member.

Hi my name is Raymond I live in Florida, and I been with the company for over 4 years. What a greate company.:happy2:

Welcome to the Brown Cafe, pleasure to know ya's.

vin

started @ UPS: nov 98
sex: m
not married
UPS position: twi/nite combo but have done nearly every inside position at one time or another (load, unload, sort, bulk, etc.)

joined back in 2007 and posted a little bit until real life got in the way
I still come here once in a while whenever I have time. I'll try to start posting again too.

I started 16 years ago, I met my husband at UPS, I enjoy camping, hiking, and just goofing off. Big fan of a cold beer on a hot day! I'm looking for a good pic for my profile of a brown betty from the 1940's.

backinbrown

respect my authority
263_Brown_Betty_Teapot.jpg

all i could find was a brown betty tea pot

backinbrown

respect my authority
Genuine Brown Betty teapots must be made of a special
red clay. The unit pictured here is made in that manner,
long cherished in England as the best way to make a "good cuppa".
Made in Straffordshire, England.
During Queen Victoria’s reign, tea became a symbol of Britain’s greatest period of expansion and stability. Every home owned a teapot, even if it was a basic "Brown Betty." Tea was no longer a refined, upper class beverage but a basis of a whole meal.
While Charleston dancers and many Victorian glamour’s have disappeared from the scene, the humble "Brown Betty" teapot has still remained a firm favorite. Its origins go back to the end of the 17th century and to the birth of the British Ceramic teapot, although in 1700 an ordinary small unglazed teapot of Red Clay from the Bradwell Woods area in Stoke-on-Trent was a luxury item costing about 12 shillings.
Brown Betty Teapots are still made in Stoke-on-Trent, formed from clay, which comes from the same area where elder Brothers found clay in the year 1695. The method of producing was "Jolleying" but over the years it is now modified to slip casting which gives the pot an even thickness and smooth finish both inside and out.
Succeeding generations of English men have proved that the Brown Betty, as these Red Ware teapots are affectionately known, make the best pot of tea in the world. The shape of the pot causes the tea leaves to be gently swirled around as the boiling water is added, thus producing an exquisite infusion. The Red Terracotta Clay with its Rockingham glaze, coddles the brew and gives the perfect cup of tea

Brown Betties,,,, women that worked at UPS during WWII... I found plenty of tea pots,,, not quite what I was looking for : ) I found a picture on UPSers a long time ago... Instead of pants they delivered in skirts ....

Oh ya... Thanks for tring!