Go peacefully, you lost!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I seriously doubt that Murkowski's intention is just to be a spoiler. We should start seeing some polling data in the next couple weeks and if it shows that she really doesn't have a shot then I suspect she will withdraw to guarantee Miller the win.

brett636

I seriously doubt that Murkowski's intention is just to be a spoiler. We should start seeing some polling data in the next couple weeks and if it shows that she really doesn't have a shot then I suspect she will withdraw to guarantee Miller the win.

I don't see how you could come to any other conclusion. Maybe if she ran as an independent and was on the ballot I could give her the benefit of the doubt. As a write in candidate she has no chance at winning, and those that would vote for Miller will be tempted to write in Murkowski drawing away votes away from the legitimate Republican primary winner. In Murkowski's world, its either her in that seat or a democrat. There is no other choice.

diesel96

Poor Alaska....First a quitter.....now a sore loser. What else might one expect from Alaska republicans.....Or maybe this native Alaskan's intentions is challenging the outside extremist group led by MaMa Grizzly, from infiltrating and influencing her State's primary electoral process.....Not saying this is illegal at all, but perhaps Murkowski feels her tentacles can reach out toward her state's Conservative Dem's and moderate Ind's..... Murkowski, anyhow, is entitled to run any which way she wants to in the general election. Just as the unemployed, family values, anti-masturbation candidate O'Donnell is entitled to run for the third time even as the use of her campaign funds are under investigation....All the political arm-chair quarterbacks, tell Murkowski that this cannot be done, that this is a futile effort. Well, perhaps it's Alaska's time they met one Republican woman who won't quit on Alaska, and I find that admirable for change for America's 49th state.....

Poor Alaska....First a quitter.....now a sore loser. What else might one expect from Alaska republicans.....Or maybe this native Alaskan's intentions is challenging the outside extremist group led by MaMa Grizzly, from infiltrating and influencing her State's primary electoral process.....Not saying this is illegal at all, but perhaps Murkowski feels her tentacles can reach out toward her state's Conservative Dem's and moderate Ind's..... Murkowski, anyhow, is entitled to run any which way she wants to in the general election. Just as the unemployed, family values, anti-masturbation candidate O'Donnell is entitled to run for the third time even as the use of her campaign funds are under investigation....All the political arm-chair quarterbacks, tell Murkowski that this cannot be done, that this is a futile effort. Well, perhaps it's Alaska's time they met one Republican woman who won't quit on Alaska, and I find that admirable for change for America's 49th state.....
No one told her she couldn't do it, did they?

Don't kid yourself, many democrats would give up their governorship, their seats in congress, etc( many have) to become the VP candidate of their party. LOL...

bbsam

Staff member

Don't kid yourself, many democrats would give up their governorship, their seats in congress, etc( many have) to become the VP candidate of their party. LOL...
Or a FoxNews commentator?

diesel96

Her Governorship didn't go anywhere after losing the 2008 Elections... It was Palin that went a-wol....eventually quiting Alaska the following summer 2009

Babagounj

Strength through joy
FAIL: Lisa Murkowski Spells Her Last Name Wrong on First Campaign Ad…

But don’t worry, Sarah Palin is still the dumb one…

(Politico)- The write-in campaign for Lisa Murkowski is off to a less than stellar start, notes a source who points to the URL at the bottom of this image from her first ad.

brett636

Rasmussen poll shows Miller ahead in Senate race

by Jason Lamb
1:59 a.m. AKDT, September 22, 2010

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — According to a Rasmussen Reports poll of 500 likely voters in Alaska Sunday, Joe Miller is well ahead of Sen. Lisa Murkowski and Sitka Mayor Scott McAdams in the race for U.S. Senate.

The results show that 42 percent of those polled supported Miller. Murkowski was slightly ahead of McAdams, 27 percent to 25 percent.

The poll came just two days after Murkowski announced her write-in Senate bid, following her loss to Miller in last month’s Republican primary.

The poll suggests Murkowski may split the independent and Democratic vote with McAdams, while Miller enjoys strong support among conservatives.

brett636

FAIL: Lisa Murkowski Spells Her Last Name Wrong on First Campaign Ad…

But don’t worry, Sarah Palin is still the dumb one…

(Politico)- The write-in campaign for Lisa Murkowski is off to a less than stellar start, notes a source who points to the URL at the bottom of this image from her first ad.

Not only is that ironic, but it just occurred to me how long her name really is. I believe it has to be spelled correctly on the ballot for the vote to count, and its not something easy to spell like Smith. Despite her name recognition, those that support her as a write in may just be throwing away their vote as they will not be counted if they misspell her name.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Under Alaska state law the name doesn't have to be spelled correctly as long as the intent of the voter can be determined.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP)Lawyers for U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski’s campaign want Alaska broadcasters to refuse to air TV ads by a national tea party group.
The campaign says the ads are “littered with lies and intentional mischaracterizations” about Murkowski and her write-in campaign. Attorney Timothy McKeever, in a letter sent to broadcasters Monday, said they are under a “legal and moral obligation” not to air them.
At issue is an ad unveiled Monday by the Tea Party Express entitled “Arrogant Lisa Murkowski — You Lost!” It seeks to paint Murkowski as more interested in political self-preservation than in serving Alaskans’ interests. It also claims she “tried to manipulate the Libertarian party into giving her their slot” on the ballot.
A Tea Party Express spokesman, Levi Russell, says the group stands behind the ads.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Apparently someone doesn't understand political ads....they're all lies and mud slinging. They always have been. Did somebody tell Lisa she lost??

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
CT has a large number of Independents/Not Declared who could not vote in the closed Democratic Primary. Alaska has open primaries I believe.

Lisa M. has no chance to win but could siphon off enough votes so that the Democrat wins the election. That would be ironic that the dark red state of Alaska could have 2 Democratic Senators.

OK Jonesy,
Save this post and make me pay up if this is not the case.
I will pay Mr. Jones $100 if Lisa M wins in November and becomes the next Senator from the state of Alaska.
This is such a sure bet that I feel very confident ... historical data and past history are on my side.

Hopefully I will not be pulling out my checkbook in November but if I do, I'll pay up.
*cough*