Go peacefully, you lost!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
ANCHORAGE, Alaska, Oct. 30 (UPI) -- In a victory for U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, the Alaska Supreme Court found that voters who want to see a list of certified write-in candidates at the polls can.
The state high court made its ruling Friday afternoon, reversing a lower court's finding that a list would violate laws against electioneering at polling places, the Anchorage Daily News reported. Both the Democratic and Republican parties fought against allowing a printed list.
Murkowski's legal win is diluted, however, by the large number of write-in candidates certified this week after an Anchorage radio show called on its listeners to run for office. There are now about 150 write-in candidates for senator.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010...ers-can-see-write-in-list/UPI-69071288443728/

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I understand I'm on the list as a write-in candidate too.....vote for me!!

Are you running on the Closed Mind party?

I was in Connecticut this past week and the Senate race pits Linda McMahon against Richard Blumenthal. McMahon is the CEO of WWE. WWE is hosting a Fan Appreciation event in Hartford, CT, on Sunday. Coincidence--I think not. The state is considering barring anyone who shows up to vote wearing WWE merchandise, saying that it violates the "no campaigning within 100' rule".

I can't wait until all of this bs is over.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/10/31/phone-recording-sets-off-firestorm-in-alaska/

MSM at it's finest hour.

Employees at a CBS affiliate in Anchorage left an accidental voicemail for an aide to GOP Senate candidate Joe Miller in which they discussed and laughed about the possibility of reporting on the appearance of sex offenders at a Miller rally. And they chatted about responding with a Twitter alert to “any sort of chaos whatsoever” including the candidate being “punched.”

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A thuggish effort by Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) to boot a dissenting talk show host from the airwaves has now been denounced by two broadcasting heavyweights: Sean Hannity and Mark Levin.

Hannity, of the Fox News Channel and Levin, a best-selling author, are standing behind fellow radio talk host Dan Fagan of KFQD 750 AM / Anchorage after he was abruptly yanked from the airwaves following a legal threat from Murkowski.

Levin sees Murkowski as "worthless and pathetic", while Hannity calls her a "sore loser".

bbsam

Staff member
Hannity and Levin are "broadcasting heavyweights"? I'd put them more in the aforementioned category of Murdock's "boy(s) in dresses."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hannity and Levin are "broadcasting heavyweights"? I'd put them more in the aforementioned category of Murdock's "boy(s) in dresses."

Besides being crazy, Mark Levin sounds like the kid who ratted you out in 5th grade, was always picked last for any teams, and was a virgin until age 40. I think he still lives in his Mom's basement, has a hamster named Herbert, and wears her clothes when she goes down to Safeway to buy Mark his can of Spaghetti-O's every day.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe he meant Harvey Levin...."I'm a lawyer...."

Seriously, if you've ever listened to Levin, you'd know he's an angry little man filled with hate and invective. I listen whenever I can to Levin, Beck, Hannity, and Limbaugh...just so I can hear the other side.

Seriously, if you've ever listened to Levin, you'd know he's an angry little man filled with hate and invective. I listen whenever I can to Levin, Beck, Hannity, and Limbaugh...just so I can hear the other side.
When somoen mentions "angry little men" I first think of K. Olbermann. Don't know Mark Levin.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You could probably get live streaming over the net. We know you do computer.:happy2:

I know you won't believe this, but I used to be a huge Howard Stern fan and the car radio would always be tuned to him. Baba Booey and the whole thing. This was when he was married to his first wife....read his book too. He made fun of her when she had a miscarriage and I quit listening.

I have never listened to radio in the house....TV instead. My radio in my car is now on CD play with a Bobby Darin CD that's been in there since '05. Everytime I get in my car I know that I'm going "Beyond the Sea" with "Mack the Knife" and I feel like the "Queen of the Hop" even if I'm just going to the grocery store.

wkmac

C'mon Joe, you lost! Now go peacefully :happy-very:

I know she'll likely caucus with repubs. so the legislative difference is nothing but her victory I'd bet is like a powerful tsunami rolling through the single party/2 wing state power structure right about now. Their thinking has to be how to stop the spread of free thinking disease from spreading at the voting booth! Want to see political bipartisanship grow? Let this type thing spread and you can bet the 2 parties will work to change the law to benefit them but then radical voices will get louder in pointing it out in the hopes of breeching a tipping point.

:winks:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I know she'll likely caucus with repubs. so the legislative difference is nothing but her victory I'd bet is like a powerful tsunami rolling through the single party/2 wing state power structure right about now. Their thinking has to be how to stop the spread of free thinking disease from spreading at the voting booth! Want to see political bipartisanship grow? Let this type thing spread and you can bet the 2 parties will work to change the law to benefit them but then radical voices will get louder in pointing it out in the hopes of breeching a tipping point.

:winks:
I would like to think so, but honestly I think this race was an anomaly. Murkowski was a popular senator who lost to a nutjob in the primary only because so few people voted. She'll caucus with the republicans and in 6 years she'll probably be the republican nominee.