God is ruining the world

F

Frankie's Friend

I don’t see that.
20180617_230906.jpg
20180617_230931.jpg

That doesn't say ALL of the wicked people (in totality) but covers a vast majority.

Prob before CNN was broadcasting.

There's more if you want to look for it but honestly I'm tired and my battery says 2%.

You guys have a great night and Happy Father's Day.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Except that Jesus said that He was the way to heaven and that no one will get there except through Him.
Either his statement is true or he is/was lying.

Jesus is enough for me.

Why do people always take his name in vain instead of buddha, Mohammed, etc?

Why?

Think about it.

Also, he said that whoever is not for (believing in) him is against him.
Why is that?
Jesus talks to you?
Or are you referring to literature written a minimum of a hundred years after he supposedly lived and died?

F

Frankie's Friend

Jesus talks to you?
Or are you referring to literature written a minimum of a hundred years after he supposedly lived and died?
It's written. I've never heard God or Jesus's audible voice.

I think he often spoke thru my wife when I was a drunk years ago lol!

I heard that loud and clear.

MAKAVELI

Except that Jesus said that He was the way to heaven and that no one will get there except through Him.
Either his statement is true or he is/was lying.

Jesus is enough for me.

Why do people always take his name in vain instead of buddha, Mohammed, etc?

Why?

Think about it.

Also, he said that whoever is not for (believing in) him is against him.
Why is that?
He said through him, not through Christianity. Ttku

BrownArmy

That is the exact and direct opposite of what I've been saying. You cannot use the behavior of people as a means of proving or disproving the existence of God. And I did not say that people don't do terrible things in the name of the god they believe in, I said you can't use their actions to prove or disprove the existence of God, the best you can do is argue that the god those people believe in must not be a good or loving god, or that they are misunderstanding what their god wants from them. I think you literally misunderstood everything I wrote.

Ok, I hear you, I thought you were making a different assertion.

In either case, we can’t make a definitive argument for God one way or another.

We’re hard-wired evolutionary wise to seek patterns, there’s been a lot written on this, the short of it is we’re gonna find a pattern one way or another.

My point was, depending on where you’re born, you’re likely to align with the found pattern of your particular tribe.

All these Gods can’t be simultaneously real, but if you find affinity or solace or community with the tribe/God of your choice, great.

Otherwise, great.

Some people don’t believe at all, some people convert from one religion to another, it’s all good.

Not to be too flip, but, whatever floats your boat.

Back to the OP, I’ll stand by my interpretation of his limited post: wars and conflagrations between competing religions have really screwed up the world.

It would be much better if ‘we could all just get along’.

F

Frankie's Friend

He said through him, not through Christianity. Ttku

I missed your point so I highlighted my previous post and the post you posted to my post (getting tricky now) so I may parallel your thoughts to what I posted ... so I can try to keep up as you asked.

BrownArmy

Family of ministers and hospital chaplains.

Evidently they taught you wrong.

There are two issues here, the texts themselves, and when they were written.

As to the latter, Jesus was long dead before what you’re calling the New Testament was collated and codified.

Don’t forget, Paul’s version of Christianity is the one that ‘won the day’, so to speak (he was a killer salesman).

When Jesus was alive, there were dozens and dozens and dozens of competing versions of Christianity.

As to the former, if you enjoy the King James, more power to you.

MAKAVELI

I missed your point so I highlighted my previous post and the post you posted to my post (getting tricky now) so I may parallel your thoughts to what I posted ... so I can try to keep up as you asked.
Jesus does not state salvation is through "Christianity." Don't know why that's too hard to understand.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

Evidently they taught you wrong.

There are two issues here, the texts themselves, and when they were written.

As to the latter, Jesus was long dead before what you’re calling the New Testament was collated and codified.

Don’t forget, Paul’s version of Christianity is the one that ‘won the day’, so to speak (he was a killer salesman).

When Jesus was alive, there were dozens and dozens and dozens of competing versions of Christianity.

As to the former, if you enjoy the King James, more power to you.
This can go all night or at least until my 1% is gone but your post is not true.
Throwing out unfounded suppositions won't change people beliefs.

Its worthless going this route. No one attacks the other "religious beliefs" like they do christianity.