God is ruining the world

newfie

man its easy to get you libs excited

christian mob bash.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I never said God is imaginary.

Actually “imaginary sky friends” have impacted the world for millennia. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not.

Imaginary sky friend is how the OP refers to God, or more accurately people's belief in god. He claims to be an atheist, but started a thread called "God is ruining the world". He, and people like him are the ones I was referring to, they can't have it both ways. I think I remember from previous posts that you are a believer, so I wasn't referring to you.

You did, however, refer to imaginary sky friends, which I took to mean the actions of people who were acting in accordance with their beliefs in false gods. I wanted to clarify in case you weren't getting my point, or in case other people thought you were siding with the OP. I do believe in God, but I'm still unsure of what I believe about His ongoing level of direct involvement in the course of human history.

BrownArmy

Imaginary sky friend is how the OP refers to God, or more accurately people's belief in god. He claims to be an atheist, but started a thread called "God is ruining the world". He, and people like him are the ones I was referring to, they can't have it both ways. I think I remember from previous posts that you are a believer, so I wasn't referring to you.

You did, however, refer to imaginary sky friends, which I took to mean the actions of people who were acting in accordance with their beliefs in false gods. I wanted to clarify in case you weren't getting my point, or in case other people thought you were siding with the OP. I do believe in God, but I'm still unsure of what I believe about His ongoing level of direct involvement in the course of human history.

I think the OP meant ‘people who believe in God’ or ‘the things that are done in God’s name’ when referencing ‘God’, i.e. the concept of God in our society has caused innumerable harm.

That’s my read anyway.

The other side of that argument is that communities of believers, on a local level, have been a boon to the world, to individuals, etc.

It’s really multiple complicated subjects with both macro and micro views, none of which will be solved on the internetz.

Me personally?

If the OP had said ‘Greed is ruining the world’, I’d be on board.

I think most major religions have had something to say about that...

F

Frankie's Friend

The one sure fired way to prove or disprove the existence of God is to wait until a few seconds after your body ceases to function and then dies.

At that moment you will know.

The Bible says that man (a human) dies and then he/she faces judgement.

You don't have to believe that either.

Sounds like a 50/50 proposition.
Only 3 bullets loaded out of six.
Make your choice.
Pull the trigger.
You have one shot.
Choose wisely.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
atheism is as dumb as theism

a spiritual world is so far beyond the realm of proof or dis-proof, taking a stance on either end is equally brainless
The thing I find ironic is most find mythology to be pretty funny and unrealistic. Hence the name MYTHology Like can you believe people thought there was a god for everything!!!!!

But those same people find the thought of one all ruling god perfectly reasonable.

F

Frankie's Friend

No, pretty sure her name was Debbie.

Some kids are better than others at not getting caught, Debbie wasn’t one of those kids.

Oh well, Catholic school sucks.
You can't beat or pressure faith into a person.
Faith isn't like paint, superficial.
It's on the inside where you cant see it until it comes out in what you do, how you act, and in your intentions. I put that in there for those that would bring up "Christians" who screwed up which is all of us fyi.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
The one sure fired way to prove or disprove the existence of God is to wait until a few seconds after your body ceases to function and then dies.

Make your choice.
Pull the trigger.
You have one shot.
Choose wisely.
The Aborigines who were around 33,000 years, before god allegedly created the Earth in 7 days, frown upon your assertions.

BrownArmy

The thing I find ironic is most find mythology to be pretty funny and unrealistic. Hence the name MYTHology Like can you believe people thought there was a god for everything!!!!!

But those same people find the thought of one all ruling god perfectly reasonable.

Odin just shed a tear - he wonders why he has no followers anymore.

(It's just that he's not on FaceBook)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Make your choice.
Pull the trigger.
You have one shot.
Choose wisely.
it's not really a 50/50 shot because over the course of human history there have been probably thousands of different belief systems. So assuming only one is correct your odds of picking the winner aren't that good.