Going from 22.4 to RPCD

542thruNthru

Nope. 22.4's work part of their day on the inside and the other part on road. They are NOT FT drivers.

Guaranteed 8 hours but not guaranteed how the 8 will be split up between inside and on road.

22.4's started after I retired; however, I do know that these "hybrid" drivers were created to perform their primary job on the inside and to work on road as needed, hence the much lower starting pay rate.

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...S_National_Agreement_2018-2023.pdf?1557352861

Scroll down to page 83-86. This is the contract language for the newly created 22.4 position, which includes the possibility of inside work.

Wow now it's the possibility of inside work! Lol

Nice job.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Wow now it's the possibility of inside work! Lol

I'll give @UpstateNYUPSer a little credit on this one.

This was how 22.4 drivers were originally pitched to the Company and to us.

They would work their inside portion of their job, preloading, sorting, unloading, etc and then help out RPCD's during the week, Tue-Sat or Wed-Sun, while also driving on the weekends to keep the Company from forcing RPCD's to work the weekends.

By the time the language hit the contract, and how the Company saw that they could exploit these drivers, most 22.4's will probably be driving FT in centers that utilize them.

This was not the original intent of this classification.

542thruNthru

I'll give @UpstateNYUPSer a little credit on this one.

This was how 22.4 drivers were originally pitched to the Company and to us.

They would work their inside portion of their job, preloading, sorting, unloading, etc and then help out RPCD's during the week, Tue-Sat or Wed-Sun, while also driving on the weekends to keep the Company from forcing RPCD's to work the weekends.

By the time the language hit the contract, and how the Company saw that they could exploit these drivers, most 22.4's will probably be driving FT in centers that utilize them.

This was not the original intent of this classification.

A lot of things are sold to us different during negotiations. Once it hits paper most don't bother to see if what they said was 100% accurate.

I've been driving full time since summer never touched inside work since I became 22.4. If they wanna pay my 20.50 to do inside work I'd be happy.