Going from 22.4 to RPCD

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'll give @UpstateNYUPSer a little credit on this one.

This was how 22.4 drivers were originally pitched to the Company and to us.

They would work their inside portion of their job, preloading, sorting, unloading, etc and then help out RPCD's during the week, Tue-Sat or Wed-Sun, while also driving on the weekends to keep the Company from forcing RPCD's to work the weekends.

By the time the language hit the contract, and how the Company saw that they could exploit these drivers, most 22.4's will probably be driving FT in centers that utilize them.

This was not the original intent of this classification.
In our defense virtually ever person on this site called the language for what it was. While the union may have pitched it as a combo job they knew it was just a lower tier driver.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Funny thing is, it doesn't matter what time of the year it is- you can't find our "leaders" with a search warrant on a Friday.

02963F5D-9694-4539-A89F-AAA7E60D3029.jpeg

I’d check here first

What'dyabringmetoday???

You seem agitated today.

Picking on an easy target like @UpstateNYUPSer, might make people laugh.

It doesn't give you any more credence.... to your petty disdain for the Union.

Your Local doesn't represent just UPS.
Disdain for scumbags that make a cushy life for themselves. Well aware of the various crafts that are represented, but the fact is, our local leaders disappear on Friday and say they are out of town for meetings. Sorry you are offended but I don't hate the union in general just the scumbag slobs. I'm sure you are selfless and would do whatever it is you supposedly do for free. Not here.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Who would that be ?

How do you know that's not true ?

Are you stalking them ?

So, your real problem is....

You should be able to dictate, what people do on their own personal time ?
How is it their personal time when you try to contact them, they claim that they are in a meeting, yet there is no meeting? I understand why you don't like being challenged. But sorry pal- you know very well that corruption is rampant. Perhaps it hits close to home is why you are upset with me? Lol.

Runne

I was a preloader and promoted to a 22.4 in july, haven’t done any work inside since. Basically a ft driving position. Managers tend to threaten 22.4 with never progressing to rpcd or even limiting them to 4 hours loading and 4 hours driving if they don’t keep their stops per hour at 20+

542thruNthru

I was a preloader and promoted to a 22.4 in july, haven’t done any work inside since. Basically a ft driving position. Managers tend to threaten 22.4 with never progressing to rpcd or even limiting them to 4 hours loading and 4 hours driving if they don’t keep their stops per hour at 20+

Yeah well that's what seniority is for. It doesn't go away just because you're a 22.4.