Going from Full time driver back to part time?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I was on part time preload for about 10 years before going into full time driving. Ive been full time for about 4 years. Driving is wearing on me and id like to possibly get out of it. The money is good but the routes are horrendous and feels like its only gotten worse. i never get to see my kids plus my wife has a decent job. I dont want to out right quit ups because i still need the medical insurance. Has anybody gone back to part time and kept their seniority and got their old pay back?? Is there any way out of this driving bs??
I've seen it happen a few times, there's no contractual avenue so it requires someone in management being willing to do you a favor.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So I call out a :censored2: for claiming the dudes wife has to be a stripper to make money and I'm the bad guy.

Gotcha.
I knew I shouldn’t have said anything... it wasn’t meant like that sorry you took it the wrong way.. only been on here since 2000.. think by know some of you old timers would know I’m only giving you a hard time, not to be all serious...geezzz

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I knew I shouldn’t have said anything... it wasn’t meant like that sorry you took it the wrong way.. only been on here since 2000.. think by know some of you old timers would know I’m only giving you a hard time, not to be all serious...geezzz
It's all good rough night for me. Kiddo had us up til 4 am then woke me up with a swift kick to my face around 6:30.

I might be a touch irritated today

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's all good. Rough night for me. Kiddo had us up til 4 am then woke me up with a swift kick to my face around 6:30.

I might be a touch irritated today

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Waaahhhhh, driving is hard...
proxy-8.gif

Maplewood

In the past UPS had a policy of no re-hiring. They also had policys about not hiring relitives. I have seen all that happen the last few years as the starting wage is so low they can't get anybody. We even had a guy return from being fired to be a peak hire this year. If you quit and you are in a big city chances are you can start over. They need preloaders bad. Our pre-load starts at $15/hr now. You would have to work like 6 months- to a year to get medical. New Partimers here also work tue-sat. And your vacation starts over. 1 week after 1 year.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I was on part time preload for about 10 years before going into full time driving. Ive been full time for about 4 years. Driving is wearing on me and id like to possibly get out of it. The money is good but the routes are horrendous and feels like its only gotten worse. i never get to see my kids plus my wife has a decent job. I dont want to out right quit ups because i still need the medical insurance. Has anybody gone back to part time and kept their seniority and got their old pay back?? Is there any way out of this driving bs??
@Brownslave688 is this you????