Going from Full time driver back to part time?

BrownStains

I was on part time preload for about 10 years before going into full time driving. Ive been full time for about 4 years. Driving is wearing on me and id like to possibly get out of it. The money is good but the routes are horrendous and feels like its only gotten worse. i never get to see my kids plus my wife has a decent job. I dont want to out right quit ups because i still need the medical insurance. Has anybody gone back to part time and kept their seniority and got their old pay back?? Is there any way out of this driving bs??

oldngray

nowhere special
You can't go backwards
giphy.gif

E

el blanco

first of all, no one likes driving

if you could return to part-time, do you have some alternate plan to supplement the income reduction

or, do you just want to bail?

BrownStains

A few that got out for medical reasons, i know one that had a stroke, another had a heart issue but i he went into full time management. Within the past year ive been diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis (Knees swell) and i need to be on medication for it. I will take a little hit on money but i think we can still pay bills because my wife makes twice what i do. I dont know man.

AlliSeeisBrown

I had to quit to go back PT. So yes, you lose seniority and your benefits. Have to wait another year to get them back. Just curious, if you've been driving for UPS for 4 years, and your wife still makes twice what you do, is it safe to say that she is a stripper?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I had to quit to go back PT. So yes, you lose seniority and your benefits. Have to wait another year to get them back. Just curious, if you've been driving for UPS for 4 years, and your wife still makes twice what you do, is it safe to say that she is a stripper?
So you’re saying the only way a woman can make $200,000 a year is stripping?

trickpony1

Within the past year ive been diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis (Knees swell) and i need to be on medication for it.

Help me understand this:

Your knees swell from being a PC driver and you think going back to PT will solve the issue?

What if they put you in preload so you can jump in/out of the back end of 3-4 pkg cars many times while carrying package(s) each night?

Nike

Do you have younger drivers that aren't able to work in your building? Maybe try to take a few layoff days every now and then to let your body heal up a bit. Realistically the routes should get easier not harder, with more seniority should come easier routes.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No.

Lots of us have wives with very successful careers

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I was on part time preload for about 10 years before going into full time driving. Ive been full time for about 4 years. Driving is wearing on me and id like to possibly get out of it. The money is good but the routes are horrendous and feels like its only gotten worse. i never get to see my kids plus my wife has a decent job. I dont want to out right quit ups because i still need the medical insurance. Has anybody gone back to part time and kept their seniority and got their old pay back?? Is there any way out of this driving bs??
i have seen it done, but it was an alternative to the guy being fired,

clean hairy

Depending on circumstances, what local you are in, etc,
might be able to switch to a combo job?
Many different factors would come into play, but would be 8 hours a day.