Going from Full time driver back to part time?

BrownStains

They got 14 years of cheap labor out of him. His body is breaking down and he's just now making good money.

Ups would be happy as a lark for him to quit
I wouldnt say my body is breaking down. I have rheumatoid arthritis. Whether that was caused by ups driving or not, i dont know. But i have no doubt i can keep doing this job.

TG43

Can't you disqualify yourself? In my center they say 1 driver a year is allowed to do this and go back to preload.

rod

Retired 22 years
I guess im locked in now. Doesnt sound like there is a way out and get my old pay, seniority and benefits back or a combination.

Call your local and see what they say. This isn't the place for serious questions. Well maybe for questions it is but definitely not for serious answers ---especially on the weekend. The people on here drink a lot.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You've been full time 4 years. Have you signed up on the 9.5 list? I know it's not necessarily a cure-all, but it could help some. Start making 8 hour requests until you max out. Take R/O's when possible, use your sick days when needed. Should have what? Four weeks vacation? Work on managing your time off to allow yourself as much time to heal up, and rest as much as you can on your days off. And if you have any weight you can lose, work on that, it should help with the knees. I'm down around 20 pounds since I started driving, and my knees are doing much better. You've worked hard to get where you are, and I hope you can make it pay off and maintain your health.

UPSCOMPLETESME

You've been full time 4 years. Have you signed up on the 9.5 list? I know it's not necessarily a cure-all, but it could help some. Start making 8 hour requests until you max out. Take R/O's when possible, use your sick days when needed. Should have what? Four weeks vacation? Work on managing your time off to allow yourself as much time to heal up, and rest as much as you can on your days off. And if you have any weight you can lose, work on that, it should help with the knees. I'm down around 20 pounds since I started driving, and my knees are doing much better. You've worked hard to get where you are, and I hope you can make it pay off and maintain your health.

Really good advice! I agree....