Going out after work in your uniform.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hmm... Let me think on this one; even put my IBM supercomputer on it.

When you're wearing a company uniform you represent the company. Even if you detest FedEx, it's a brand that many look on favorably. It's fine to go shopping or pick up a pizza in uniform, but drinking seems like a bad idea. Or getting into an argument with someone. For most, drivers are all they ever see of FedEx. If you act stupidly, it reflects on the company. The same company that pays you.
Even back in the day, when I loved working for FedEx, I went out drinking in my uniform. Now that I hate working for FedEx, I'm embarrassed to be seen in it off the clock.

It will be fine

When you're wearing a company uniform you represent the company. Even if you detest FedEx, it's a brand that many look on favorably. It's fine to go shopping or pick up a pizza in uniform, but drinking seems like a bad idea. Or getting into an argument with someone. For most, drivers are all they ever see of FedEx. If you act stupidly, it reflects on the company. The same company that pays you.
This was a Ground driver so fedex is not the company that pays them. One of the positives of being a Ground driver is the lack of interaction with FedEx management. They don't have to participate in the propaganda that FedEx puts out. No RA RA FedEx is great meetings. I'm sure they care very little about the corporate brand.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
This was a Ground driver so fedex is not the company that pays them. One of the positives of being a Ground driver is the lack of interaction with FedEx management. They don't have to participate in the propaganda that FedEx puts out. No RA RA FedEx is great meetings. I'm sure they care very little about the corporate brand.
Lucky!!

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!

Last I heard, each FDX-G terminal had a Station Manager, P&D Managers, Outbound/Inbound Managers, Linehaul Managers and Office Managers. And when you are in my position, I deal with most of them at some point during the week.

I used to go out in my uniform to the pub below my apartment, or more correctly... to the pub before I walked up to my room, but that was years ago. My town is a blue collar type of place, and sitting next to the guy delivering the bar/grill's produce isn't uncommon either.

l22

lol

dex 84

Do you owe it to the company to have their best interests in mind even when you're not on the clock? Do they have your best interests in mind, or do they only care about you in so much as you are an instrument in furthering their goals?

dezguy

Do you owe it to the company to have their best interests in mind even when you're not on the clock? Do they have your best interests in mind, or do they only care about you in so much as you are an instrument in furthering their goals?
Bingo.

My time is my time. The last thing I think about when I'm off the clock, having a beer is FedEx.

l22

Bingo.

My time is my time. The last thing I think about when I'm off the clock, having a beer is FedEx.

Thinking about the company while drinking/owing the company something are not the reasons why I do so. It's the opposite - I say take everything you can from this company - this includes impressing potential female callers with your uniform/using your route to meet women

dvalleyjim

Oh, wait. got another one. I only wear my Fedex uniform at the bar because chicks may mistake me for an express driver and think I make a good living. If only they knew that I am a minimum wage ground guy.

MassWineGuy

As long as they're signing your checks, regardless of how small, it would be wrong to act foolishly while in uniform. By this, I don't mean having a beer. As I've said many times, if you don't like working for FedEx, get another job that you like more.

SmithBarney

Oh, wait. got another one. I only wear my Fedex uniform at the bar because chicks may mistake me for an express driver and think I make a good living. If only they knew that I am a minimum wage ground guy.
The jokes on you, you probably make more than half of the express drivers out there... I know 10yr drivers only taking home 500/wk

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Your supercomputer is flawed, Einstein. I'm sure you proudly strut around town in your purple and orange polyester clown suit, but most of us want the stinky rags off ASAP. Favorable? How about laughable? These days, the public is more likely to ask you "where is my effing package", or, "how come you idiots crushed my new laptop?"

They pay us...poorly. Our uniforms are cheap, unprofessional, and look dated and ridiculous.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Our uniforms are cheap, unprofessional, and look dated and ridiculous.
Remember the white shirts with the shoulder epaulets? I always wondered what genius thought those were a good idea. Ratty-looking shirts that looked positively filthy by mid-day, with Capt. Scumbarge bars on the shoulders that indicated everyones' position in the seniority chain.

I always wore the alternative blue short sleeve knits in those days - regardless of how cold it might be.

FedEx always manages to go stupid on uniforms, but those were the absolute worst IMO.

The jokes on you, you probably make more than half of the express drivers out there... I know 10yr drivers only taking home 500/wk
I wanna touch up on a few things. Leave if you are not happy . all some of you ever do is cry n moan i feel bad for you guys. As a crr ive i take home over 750 net a week been here 7 years so i dont think barney is accurate. Mr fedex some may b losers but i know some guys that do really good without mommy n daddys help. Alot of people now a days have been fed on a silver spoon n dont appreciate anything that is a loser in my book. As for me ive been with plenty of women on my rt n off my rt i have a list full of contacts of females wanting to go out n do "stuff". Because of this job n being out there exposed to the streets ive had more action than when i was hittin clubs bars etc. Then again i have courage i can spark up n talk to any female i want. As someone else mentioned you cant get all of em but at least i try

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I wanna touch up on a few things. Leave if you are not happy . all some of you ever do is cry n moan i feel bad for you guys. As a crr ive i take home over 750 net a week been here 7 years so i dont think barney is accurate. Mr fedex some may b losers but i know some guys that do really good without mommy n daddys help. Alot of people now a days have been fed on a silver spoon n dont appreciate anything that is a loser in my book. As for me ive been with plenty of women on my rt n off my rt i have a list full of contacts of females wanting to go out n do "stuff". Because of this job n being out there exposed to the streets ive had more action than when i was hittin clubs bars etc. Then again i have courage i can spark up n talk to any female i want. As someone else mentioned you cant get all of em but at least i try
You sound young and I'm glad you're doing well. All I can say about "sparkin up" the women on your route is to be careful. It may just come back and bite you in the ass...you know, the whole hell hath no fury like a woman scorned thing. Women can be real bitches. Other than that, git you some! Lol.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Remember the white shirts with the shoulder epaulets? I always wondered what genius thought those were a good idea. Ratty-looking shirts that looked positively filthy by mid-day, with Capt. Scumbarge bars on the shoulders that indicated everyones' position in the seniority chain.

I always wore the alternative blue short sleeve knits in those days - regardless of how cold it might be.

FedEx always manages to go stupid on uniforms, but those were the absolute worst IMO.

The epaulets were pretty bad. We looked like bellhops. I never wore the white shirts and always wore the blue, just like you.

Yes, I remember the big deal it was when you got new bars, and some people were really into it. We used to call them "Gophers" because they looked like Gopher on the Love Boat.

Sad.

MassWineGuy

Your supercomputer is flawed, Einstein. I'm sure you proudly strut around town in your purple and orange polyester clown suit, but most of us want the stinky rags off ASAP. Favorable? How about laughable? These days, the public is more likely to ask you "where is my effing package", or, "how come you idiots crushed my new laptop?"

They pay us...poorly. Our uniforms are cheap, unprofessional, and look dated and ridiculous.

Actually, I am close to Einstein's intelligence compared to your amoeba-like brain. Your moronic bile is better aimed at the OP, who is the one that asked about wearing uniforms outside of work.

If you love the company as much as you hint so subtly, quit. Please. Do us all a favor. Someone working at or near the top of the scale makes about what a person driving a truck is worth. Unhappy? Want to earn more? Get more education (some, any) or training and change professions. Or try hacking it at UPS.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Actually, I am close to Einstein's intelligence compared to your amoeba-like brain. Your moronic bile is better aimed at the OP, who is the one that asked about wearing uniforms outside of work.

If you love the company as much as you hint so subtly, quit. Please. Do us all a favor. Someone working at or near the top of the scale makes about what a person driving a truck is worth. Unhappy? Want to earn more? Get more education (some, any) or training and change professions. Or try hacking it at UPS.

I have a Masters Degree. Do you? My main income is from sources other than FedEx. I work about 5 hours a day in the early AM for FedEx and then go to work at my real job.

You would have proudly worn the Love Boat uniform.