Going out after work in your uniform.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Good for you, I have a Bachelors'. I had a ground business for 18 yrs. Sold it for cash and now am waiting for my 159,000 dollar settlement from FX and I still think it's a scam. Now tell me how ungrateful I am. Having free labor is illegal whether your FedEx ground or some diamond mine in Africa.

Dano and the other FedEx apologists on here always tell us it's not a scam and that everyone is "independent".

dvalleyjim

Do us all a favor. Either find a new job or shoot yourself. It's not my problem if you're unhappy. We're all tired of all your belly aching.
I'm not unhappy, Just making light of the situation. I could retire tomorrow. I like riding around delivering packages. It still doesn't make it fair. ISP's are getting ripped off and the trickle down is the drivers are getting ripped off. I talk to drivers and ISP and was a multi van contractor for many years and know the reality of the situation. Just because you have excepted your lot in life doesn't make me go away. A scam is a scam and unfair labor practices that other want-to-be start-up delivery companies don't have don't make it fair. I believe in rugged individualism and true free markets. Fedex believes in crony capitalism and globalism. Choose your side my friend because the time of right and wrong is at hand.

dvalleyjim

Do us all a favor. Either find a new job or shoot yourself. It's not my problem if you're unhappy. We're all tired of all your belly aching.
Oh by the way as an 18 year contractor starting with Roadway and a 4 year hd driver you don't think I've always heard "if you don't like it, quit" Why don't you quit, your the one wasting our air.

FedexCares

Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but yes.. ok 500/week take home after taking ~100 for heath care and ~100 for taxes?
I've been at FedEx for over 4 years and my take home pay is just over 500 dollars on a normal week with no OT and I'm in one of the higher market levels. That's with the cheapest insurance too.

Ervo

So Friday night I go to the local sports bar having a beer and watching the hockey game. Looking around when I notice a Fed Ex ground driver in his uniform drinking beer after beer. Why would you go out in your uniform and drink? Shouldn't you change first instead of advertising like that?
They are contracts without rules, so therefore they're giving a lot of latitude.

fatboy33

Is it true a UPS driver working in Yukon Oklahoma makes the same as a UPS driver working in New York City? Why is it this company's pay scale is base on where its employees live? Looks to me if you've been here for 16 years and aren't taking home close to 500, you'll probably never reach it.

whenIgetthere

Is it true a UPS driver working in Yukon Oklahoma makes the same as a UPS driver working in New York City? Why is it this company's pay scale is base on where its employees live? Looks to me if you've been here for 16 years and aren't taking home close to 500, you'll probably never reach it.

On word answer: Union.

vantexan

Sixteen years and I don't take home close to 500 a week! And the topped out route next to me whines about her pay!
Former coworker recently called and told me district mgr just told them they were going from B to A pay. He said finally getting better pay after all these years. He's been topped out for close to 10 years. I told him to try getting by on $15.82hr.