Super Powers

I been driving for 27 years, some of my worst memories are from the days of going out blind on routes. It's not too bad in the summer,but, when it's getting dark earlier in October,November going out blind is really awful. I saw many new drivers quit over the years that were sent out blind. I think an on car should always jump on with you your first day on a new route.

Super Powers

In the old days, we called that "being a split-cover-fill in, swing" driver! No EDD to tell you how to run the route either! Generation snowflake can't handle it?

3lznlR.gif
Those days were rough !

A good guy

So I assume not ever center has make shift maps y'all can print off a computer with your route?

On the subject of sucking on blind routes, i had a straight buisness training route during training. Kept me on buisness tuesday through friday but gave me a 189 stop rez route on my first saturday. You can just imagine how well that went. Now my center primarily gives me either buisness or light rez routes for now.

542thruNthru

I been driving for 27 years, some of my worst memories are from the days of going out blind on routes. It's not too bad in the summer,but, when it's getting dark earlier in October,November going out blind is really awful. I saw many new drivers quit over the years that were sent out blind. I think an on car should always jump on with you your first day on a new route.

You must be really bored. This is what, the 5 old thread you've resurrected?

KOG72

I’m full of it
So I assume not ever center has make shift maps y'all can print off a computer with your route?

On the subject of sucking on blind routes, i had a straight buisness training route during training. Kept me on buisness tuesday through friday but gave me a 189 stop rez route on my first saturday. You can just imagine how well that went. Now my center primarily gives me either buisness or light rez routes for now.
I have heard GPS is coming soon in trucks

SmithBarney

Got thrown out blind one day(which usually I don't mind, can't enforce performance on me as well), came in at end of preload, they had a 500 at end of belt for me, bricked out, honestly all the stuff was thrown in there, I'm pretty sure 80% of the stuff was supposed to be re-runs... The first HOUR was me just reaching into the back to pick the next package(no EDD then) by 6pm I had pretty much made it except for a 40 piece bulk for a sporting goods store... Store was all locked up, back and front doors.. I pounded at all doors, not answer, sheeted them up... got pulled into the office the next day during a conference call... I explained I did my best running a garbage route that ran me all over town...I was asked to leave the office while OnCars got reeemed out over the speakerphone... I went out blind again, but never that bad..