scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I go out blind every Monday morning now since we went to Saturday Ground, I don't get to my area until after lunch now. They send somebody else to take 30-40 stops off since I run so far behind. Great plan to bust out too many routes.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I go out blind every Monday morning now since we went to Saturday Ground, I don't get to my area until after lunch now. They send somebody else to take 30-40 stops off since I run so far behind. Great plan to bust out too many routes.
How much aggravation will it take to get your butt out the door?

Grey

giphy-downsized-large.gif

OptimusPrime

I don't do this and don't condone it, but it has worked great for a lot of swing guys in my center. Go out there and completely flame out. Late air, missed business, missed pick ups. Just generally do your best to do your worst. They won't send you out like that again. We have swing drivers with 5+ years who don't ever have to run split routes because management doesn't trust them to get it done.

Dhydratd

I don't do this and don't condone it, but it has worked great for a lot of swing guys in my center. Go out there and completely flame out. Late air, missed business, missed pick ups. Just generally do your best to do your worst. They won't send you out like that again. We have swing drivers with 5+ years who don't ever have to run split routes because management doesn't trust them to get it done.
This was the advise given to me about 25 years ago. I was a quick learner, smarter than most, and management abused the :censored2: out of me because of it. As soon as I adopted these work methods, the abuse stopped.

AlliSeeisBrown

Probably the best idea. Recently got thrown on a mall route blind. 16 missed, 1 late air, 4 late savers, and a few missed pickups apparently. Horrible route with a horrible dispatch. Came in the next day and said "Hey so how'd I do on that route yesterday?" "Yeahhhh were probably not going to put you on that one again."
"Damn what a shame."

browndriverguy2015

That is almost the exact thing I was told to do by seasoned drivers.

JL 0513

What's the rule, if any, on management forcing package drivers out on routes that they have not been trained on?

Trained on a route? What's that? I know 30 routes, only rode with twice right after making book.

Sups don't know the routes, what good would it do?

Hint: If you actually want to get a blind route done, don't use paper maps.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Trained on a route? What's that? I know 30 routes, only rode with twice right after making book.

That depends if you don't know how to use paper maps and what kind of route it is.

Indecisi0n

It amazes me how many people don't understand this concept.

Re-Raise

I asked a sup if he was going out with me one time years ago on a route that I didn't know.

He said "Why? So we could both be lost?"