Good bye to the Friday after Thanksgiving

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Jr. doesn't like to get up before noon?

You must be so proud.

I am very proud of him. He has his MBA and has just started a 3 year rotational program with a major aerospace firm (Cobham PLC). His shift starts at 7:30 am, often works beyond his 3:30 pm scheduled shift change and even brings work home with him.

You deliver QVC to hoarders.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I treated myself to dinner at 99 last night. Had the guy sitting next to me had a visible firearm I would have moved to the other side of the bar or perhaps left altogether. This is not the Old West where you amble in to a saloon and expect to see gunslingers.
For what its worth I agree with you that open carry in most situations is tacky and socially inappropriate but the reality is that criminals and mass murderers do not normally carry openly. But that is a topic for a different thread.

Travwise

Upstate...I am sure you hate yourself when you look in the mirror, I would too if I were you. BUT that doesn't mean you should demean others who do this job just because you don't like yourself. I have a college degree and left another job to come here. I work to provide for my family, a job at UPS means I can provide more than I could at my other job. Yes I deliver junk to hoarders. I also make damn good money doing so. So do insinuate that those of us who work here are unintelligent - I am very intelligent, that is WHY I work here.

P.S.
Don't pretend you don't know what time Jr. gets up. You know you wake him every morning.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
What bothers me most about Black Friday is the loss of choice. For many years I choose to work it. The extra money was nice and it provided an excuse not to go out of town for the holiday. In recent years, I have enjoyed the holiday as a much needed rest. Now the choice is gone and we will be forced to take part in the atonement for upper managements failures.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I am very proud of him. He has his MBA and has just started a 3 year rotational program with a major aerospace firm (Cobham PLC). His shift starts at 7:30 am, often works beyond his 3:30 pm scheduled shift change and even brings work home with him.

You deliver QVC to hoarders.
And I'll make 115k+ this year and don't have to take work home or pay student loans. Life is grand as a Teamster.