Good bye to the Friday after Thanksgiving

BlackCat

Yes, there is, but I don't like to shop and my son, who was still living with me at the time, didn't like to wake up before noon at the earliest, so it made sense to go in for a few hours and run off a few air stops.

a FEW air stops. you are so full of crap as always. You are going to at least run a 4-5 hr day.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
What bothers me most about Black Friday is the loss of choice. For many years I choose to work it. The extra money was nice and it provided an excuse not to go out of town for the holiday. In recent years, I have enjoyed the holiday as a much needed rest. Now the choice is gone and we will be forced to take part in the atonement for upper managements failures.
I agree totally, it started out to be a choice which was respectful to us . Having that option to work was the seniority kicking in and it felt good . Its a long shot to try and slow down corporate 's control with unrealistic goals without common sense and real knowledge of the routes where the streets are all in the wrong order.

box_beeyotch

It sucks that there is no longer a choice. This is my first peak as a driver but I'm used to working local sort black Friday. Always did for the extra cash.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I may work it...for time and a half..;)
I don't blame you if you want to work. It is good money. It is nice though, to have the choice. Most of us no longer have a choice. In the past, they could force from the bottom up. We only delivered air packages though, and they did not require a full staff. Most had the day off who wanted it unless you were toward the bottom of the seniority list. Not anymore. At least it is double time for Black Friday here in the Central. Cha-ching!