Good bye to the Friday after Thanksgiving

RealPerson

Double time plus holiday pay is good enough for me.

To Bad it isn't the same for Everyone...
I as a PT HUB employee, will be working Thanksgiving morning (so I am told), and will get straight time plus holiday pay. This is because I start at 11:59 pm on the 26th.

Was told today by a co-worker that Black Friday is weird at my hub. Two years ago, he worked Black Friday and everyone was sent home after less than an hour of work and then last year, he expected the same thing to happen and was there for 8 hours

ScottyG07

I am in Central Region, what page of the contract booklet does it say we have to work the day after Thanksgiving? Can't seem to find it. All I can find is Article 15, section 1, page 223, where it says we do not have to work it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I am in Central Region, what page of the contract booklet does it say we have to work the day after Thanksgiving? Can't seem to find it. All I can find is Article 15, section 1, page 223, where it says we do not have to work it.
Search the day after Thanksgiving...there are at least 3 threads on this topic.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Company and your Union agreed that Black Friday would be a regular working day. You will be paid for the holiday and for hours worked---the rate can be found in your supplement.

worldwide

Has anyone heard or read if we are definitively working the day after Thanksgiving this year?

As posted on ups.com:

Day After Thanksgiving Operations

There will be pickup and delivery service in most areas on Friday, November 27.

In select rural areas, there will be pickup and delivery of Air and international Air packages* (pickup must be prearranged by Wednesday, November 25) but service may be limited for UPS Ground, UPS 3 Day Select and UPS Standard packages. You may download affected ZIP codes on this page beginning August 20.

Box Ox

To add minimally to what worldwide posted, I received an email to UPS shippers (have an account) a few days ago, subject: "Be Ready for the Holiday Season." Part of it says "We are offering pickup and delivery service in most areas on Friday, November 27, to help you get an early start on Cyber Week. Visit ups.com/holidays beginning August 20 for details on pickup and delivery operations by ZIP code."

barnyard

KTM rider
PCM Monday was that about 1/2 the zips in my center will not be delivered. The day after is not a holiday anymore, so layoffs with no pay make it a no brainer for the bean counters.