Got a route but

instantK

It's cut all the time... they usually run this route 2-3 a week.. Does this mean i'll remain a cover a driver and run different route or what?

upschuck

Since you are a bid driver, you will work before drivers with higher seniority that do not have a bid route. Also, if your route is cut, you have the option to go home, and take the day off.

instantK

"Also, if your route is cut, you have the option to go home, and take the day off."

So i have the option to work or take a lay off day ?

"You will run that route when it's in and cover other routes when its cut"
Oh well the most important thing is i go full time... it was the last route to not get a bid so i was forced to take this route, i figured id just run other routes

upschuck

So i have the option to work or take a lay off day ?
Yes, here they wouldn't of bid that route if it was only on 2 days/week. Do have bid routes run 4 days, and they usually opt for a long weekend, instead of running something else(would get 40 hrs in those 4 days).

DamageCallTag

In our center if you're ur bid route gets cut that day you don't get to go home unless your top senior drivers. All unpaid works is offers in seniority order. We had drivers bid routes for the sole reason that they get cut 1-2 days a week and they thought they would get a day off. Didn't work out so well for them!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It's cut all the time... they usually run this route 2-3 a week.. Does this mean i'll remain a cover a driver and run different route or what?

What type of route is this? Many pick ups? Where is the work going? I say this because I would hate it if some runner-gunner was skipping lunch to get the extra work done.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Unless your supplement specifically states otherwise. Seniority only gives you the right to work it does not give you the right not to work.

Some management teams use seniority to decide who gets the day off. They do not have to do this they are doing a favor.

ManInBrown

We have 2 routes up right now that are cut 3 or 4 days per week. I'm not even going to bother bidding on them. I won't bid on a route unless its an in every day route.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I do believe you have the right to follow 50% or more of your work, though I doubt half a route is being piled onto someone else in your loop.

Overpaid Union Thug

We covered this topic a few weeks ago. Or tried to anyway. It's different in some supplements and even varies by local, building, and sometimes center. The only question I have concerns the language (Southern) that states that all unpaid time off shall be offered in seniority order. Does the senior driver choosing to burn an option day change that? I mean they are getting paid in that case. Are they not?