Got a route but

By The Book

I have no problem with them denying a personal because it wasn't requested at least 7 days prior or with letting a senior driver have the unpaid day, my problem is with denying one driver a personal 5 days out for being untimely and then letting another driver burn a personal in lieu of an unpaid day, essentially him granting a personal with about 1 hours notice.
I get it, if they are both untimely they are letting the senior driver take a personal when it should be an unpaid for the senior driver.

UPSGUY72

So your saying to stay on your route if its in but to take a better one if you want? Make up you mind man, you just said drivers don't let them do this where you are! Stay on your bid routes and have them cross train the other ones. If they can pull you off your bid route, that's another thing.

What I'm saying is that if your route is on you should be running it not someone else. Especially if tgey want you to cover a worst route. On the other hand if they have you covering a better I'd run the better route that day. They play games with drivers that routes get cut they tend to treat them like cover drivers when they aren't.

oldngray

nowhere special
I knew drivers with bid routes who would run easier routes to cover vacations if possible. It was their choice to run a route other than their own and they were not forced to do it.

Indecisi0n

I knew drivers with bid routes who would run easier routes to cover vacations if possible. It was their choice to run a route other than their own and they were not forced to do it.
Scabs. If you don't like your route then bid off it. There are plenty of cover drivers that will take your "difficult" route any day of the week. Most people that complain their route's too heavy is normally the reason it got that way in the first place.

oldngray

nowhere special
Scabs. If you don't like your route then bid off it. There are plenty of cover drivers that will take your "difficult" route any day of the week. Most people that complain their route's too heavy is normally the reason it got that way in the first place.

I agree it was wrong for it to happen. Management was treating their favorites as special.

SHAIV

Since you are a bid driver, you will work before drivers with higher seniority that do not have a bid route. Also, if your route is cut, you have the option to go home, and take the day off.
I never had that option when my route was cut. They said I didn't have enough seniority to go home if my route was cut

SHAIV

You will run that route when it's in and cover other routes when its cut
If you don't file on it they will pull you off your bid route. I had a route just like this. It was in 5 days a week in peak and the beginning of semesters because it was a college route. It was cut all summer and the rest of the time it was in 2 to 3 days a week. They treated me like a coverage driver all year until peak because I never filed on it. I only bid it because I didn't want to drive a rental or get pulled to another center during peak again anyways

If you don't file on it they will pull you off your bid route. I had a route just like this. It was in 5 days a week in peak and the beginning of semesters because it was a college route. It was cut all summer and the rest of the time it was in 2 to 3 days a week. They treated me like a coverage driver all year until peak because I never filed on it. I only bid it because I didn't want to drive a rental or get pulled to another center during peak again anyways
Then you need to file. Its your route, keep it.