Got ticketed in a feeder truck

Jimmy2018

Just started driving feeders about a year ago. I haven’t bid yet and am doing it as needed. I just got a ticket for going 59 in a 50 in Florida. How will this effect me getting a permanent feeder job? Anything I should do or just tell ups I got a ticket and be done with it? I’ve been with ups for 16 years. Never gotten a ticket before. Thanks

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Just started driving feeders about a year ago. I haven’t bid yet and am doing it as needed. I just got a ticket for going 59 in a 50 in Florida. How will this effect me getting a permanent feeder job? Anything I should do or just tell ups I got a ticket and be done with it? I’ve been with ups for 16 years. Never gotten a ticket before. Thanks
I got a speeding ticket driving a package car , nothing became of it...actually got 20 more stops the next day.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Where in Florida? And what hub are you out of?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
You know your paid by the hour

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Central Florida. Trying to stay anonymous but smaller hub in central Florida.
Aww don’t do that to me. Longwood? Orlando? Am I close? Anyway, I wouldn’t think it matters too much but you have to declare it at the end of the year.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You know your paid by the hour

Not if its mileage...
AgreeablePalatableGuanaco-size_restricted.gif
source.gif

rocket man

I would just forget it and jump off a bridge or just go to court and plead no contest it will go away faster than you got it

Jimmy2018

Yes I know the rule on 30 days. I think the 30 days maybe gives you time to fight it. I’m not sure but yes I will report it within the 30 days. Thanks for replies

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In Cali you can't go to a class to have a ticket dismissed if you are a CDL holder but you can still fight the ticket.

I would mention the ticket to your Dispatch or On Road supe just to cover your butt. Not sure if this is nationwide but at our hub every feeder driver has to fill out a paper listing all tickets and accidents with dates etc. ( once a year )

If you didn't list everything and the company found out you could be terminated. Not sure why we had to do this but I think it has to do with the insurance company.

you should be fine.