Got ticketed in a feeder truck

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Jimmy2018, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Jimmy2018

Jimmy2018 New Member

Just started driving feeders about a year ago. I haven’t bid yet and am doing it as needed. I just got a ticket for going 59 in a 50 in Florida. How will this effect me getting a permanent feeder job? Anything I should do or just tell ups I got a ticket and be done with it? I’ve been with ups for 16 years. Never gotten a ticket before. Thanks

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    • List
  2. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

I got a speeding ticket driving a package car , nothing became of it...actually got 20 more stops the next day.

3. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

UPS will give you a medal unless its like 30 MPH over. Have you ever heard them say "slow down"?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  4. Yeet

Yeet Inbound, turnaround, go to town

Where in Florida? And what hub are you out of?

5. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

You know your paid by the hour

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Yeet

In feeders? Yes.

7. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

No-----I said "slow down" not "chow down".

8. Jimmy2018

Jimmy2018 New Member

Central Florida. Trying to stay anonymous but smaller hub in central Florida.

9. Yeet

Aww don’t do that to me. Longwood? Orlando? Am I close? Anyway, I wouldn’t think it matters too much but you have to declare it at the end of the year.

10. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

Not if its mileage... AgreeablePalatableGuanaco-size_restricted.gif source.gif

11. sandwich

Hahaha

12. sandwich

El Diablo and the magic man

13. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

I would just forget it and jump off a bridge or just go to court and plead no contest it will go away faster than you got it

14. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Incorrect.

He needs to inform UPS within 30 days, or risk having his CDL suspended.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

In writing, correct?

16. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Correct.

A lot of people don't realize you also have to notify the employer, in writing, within 30 days of a traffic violation in your personal vehicle if you hold a CDL.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

30 days? Why wouldn't he be required to report it his following work day, if not the very same day?

18. Jimmy2018

Jimmy2018 New Member

Yes I know the rule on 30 days. I think the 30 days maybe gives you time to fight it. I’m not sure but yes I will report it within the 30 days. Thanks for replies

19. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

In Cali you can't go to a class to have a ticket dismissed if you are a CDL holder but you can still fight the ticket.

I would mention the ticket to your Dispatch or On Road supe just to cover your butt. Not sure if this is nationwide but at our hub every feeder driver has to fill out a paper listing all tickets and accidents with dates etc. ( once a year )

If you didn't list everything and the company found out you could be terminated. Not sure why we had to do this but I think it has to do with the insurance company.

you should be fine.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. Wrong

Wrong :))

I never declare mine, I take em to an attorney and it stays off my record.