Government Shutdown / Congress and the Senate

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think if I was in congress, I would be an alcoholic also, At this point. Moreluck, you know better, mental health is so misunderstood, dont pick on the handicaps. Hippa laws forbid that. Make sure you dont mention anyone is a smoker. Because we know how Barry and michelle feel about that.............................................

BrownArmy

national-park-service.jpg

Actually, Smoky has been 'furloughed'.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
As useless as the GOP led shutdown was, now one by one , Republicans are turning against their own, specifically TED CRUZ, the main terrorist in the hostage taking of america.

Peter King calls it GAME OVER for the republicans!

“I’ve said all along, this is madness — it was madness to follow Ted Cruz,” King said to Cooper. “It was absolute madness to say we want to shut down the government, to defund Obamacare. It never made sense and now all we’re down to, apparently, is trying to pass a [continued resolution] to take away healthcare from congressional employees. That’s what we shut down the government for. It makes no sense.”

Peter King tells Anderson Cooper: ‘It was madness to follow Ted Cruz’ | The Raw Story

Ted Cruz, the poster boy for the idiotic.

TOS.:peaceful:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As useless as the GOP led shutdown was, now one by one , Republicans are turning against their own, specifically TED CRUZ, the main terrorist in the hostage taking of america.

Peter King calls it GAME OVER for the republicans!

“I’ve said all along, this is madness — it was madness to follow Ted Cruz,” King said to Cooper. “It was absolute madness to say we want to shut down the government, to defund Obamacare. It never made sense and now all we’re down to, apparently, is trying to pass a [continued resolution] to take away healthcare from congressional employees. That’s what we shut down the government for. It makes no sense.”

Peter King tells Anderson Cooper: ‘It was madness to follow Ted Cruz’ | The Raw Story

Ted Cruz, the poster boy for the idiotic.

TOS.:peaceful:

Peter King = Donkey manure
Ted Cruz = Elephant manure

​Manure is still manure.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
GAME OVER.

John Boehner, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and every Tea Party bonehead are the big losers today. The smart republicans in the house will have to jump ship and vote with the democrats to fix the shutdown.

Those "dug in " with the Tea Party will continue to commit political suicide.

I love it!

TOS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
GAME OVER.

John Boehner, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and every Tea Party bonehead are the big losers today. The smart republicans in the house will have to jump ship and vote with the democrats to fix the shutdown.

Those "dug in " with the Tea Party will continue to commit political suicide.

I love it!

TOS.

I don't think you grasp the situation with electe​d Republicans (I know that is probably a given).

Those that side with the Democrats are the ones committing political suicide.

The people that elect Republicans think that the "Government Shutdown" is not a bad thing.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Congress and only Congress can authorize borrowing under Article I. The president must first pay interest on the debt under the 14th Amendment. The federal government collects 10 times as much revenue each month as it needs to cover those payments. As long as the president complies with the Constitution there can be no default.

Don't Believe The Debt Ceiling Hype: The Federal Government Can Survive Without An Increase - Forbes

Exactly!
The government default is a red herring and always has been.
​Their is plenty of incoming "revenue" to pay the interest on the US debt.
History will identify and remember Obama as the culprit if the US actually defaults on it's debt payments.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I don't think you grasp the situation with electe​d Republicans (I know that is probably a given).

The people that elect Republicans think that the "Government Shutdown" is not a bad thing.

Speaking of not grasping, hows that 74% disapproval rating working out for your views?

I think america is speaking clearly. They dont like the republicans or their methodology. Guys like you will follow your sheep over the cliff and I welcome the thought.

Have a nice trip see ya next fall... as they say.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Exactly!
History will identify and remember Obama as the culprit if the US actually defaults on it's debt payments.

Whos history? The RNC playbook for stupidity?

History will show that OBAMA faced down your beloved morons in the tea party and it will be TED CRUZ, MIKE LEE and every other idiotic tea partier that will go down in history as the economic terrorists of our time.

OBAMA has a huge victory today, you may not like it, but your side lost. Again.

Whats the republican record now on its efforts to defund Obamacare? 0 and 46?

Great strategy Hoax.

Peace

TOS

bbsam

Staff member
Exactly!

And would you like to explain that to world markets? They are so stupid! They need your wisdom! LOL.

bbsam

Staff member

Yeah. That Corker is a real commie! McCain too!

moreluck

golden ticket member
B.S. !!!

"“So, look, nobody shares the frustrations of the American people more than I do because I see day in and day out the damage that something like a shutdown does.” (Obama)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Speaking of not grasping, hows that 74% disapproval rating working out for your views?

I think america is speaking clearly. They dont like the republicans or their methodology. Guys like you will follow your sheep over the cliff and I welcome the thought.

Have a nice trip see ya next fall... as they say.

Peace

TOS

That 74% of Americans are not the ones that elected the Tea Party Republicans and they will not influence the election of those Tea Party Republicans in the next election.

Sorry if I am not stooping to your high-schoolish way of posting in my replies.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And would you like to explain that to world markets? They are so stupid! They need your wisdom! LOL.

The Markets are listening to the US Media ... that's a pretty pathetic thing to do but they are doing it.

The Markets are mostly worried about the dysfunctional interworking of the Executive and Legislative branches of the US Government.

With a $17 Trillion debt hanging over the US, this dysfunctional behavior will continue in the House and to some extent in the Senate.

​This is probably the normal for the foreseeable future.