Government Shutdown / Congress and the Senate

moreluck

golden ticket member
I wish he'd put a fence around all of the Right Wingers who have an IQ low enough to believe in everything their handlers feed them. That's hope for meaningful change. I'll even come to your house and put yours up for you.
So, you were at the veteran's memorial and there were no barrycades ??????? Good to know. Glad you could set us straight and all the media too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
138634_600.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The 14[SUP]th[/SUP] Amendment was ratified in 1868 to protect the rights of native-born Black Americans, whose rights were being denied as recently-freed slaves. It was written in a manner so as to prevent state governments from ever denying citizenship to blacks born in the United States.
Supreme Court decisions

The correct interpretation of the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] Amendment is that an illegal alien mother is subject to the jurisdiction of her native country, as is her baby.
The Court essentially stated that the status of the parents determines the citizenship of the child. To qualify children for birthright citizenship, based on the 14th Amendment, parents must owe "direct and immediate allegiance" to the U.S. and be "completely subject" to its jurisdiction. In other words, they must be United States citizens .
In 1889, the Wong Kim Ark Supreme Court case once again, in a ruling based strictly on the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] Amendment, concluded that the status of the parents was crucial in determining the citizenship of the child. The current misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment is based in part upon the presumption that the Wong Kim Ark ruling encompassed illegal aliens. In fact, it did not address the children of illegal aliens and non-immigrant aliens, but rather determined an allegiance for legal immigrant parents based on the meaning of the word domicil(e). Since it is inconceivable that illegal alien parents could have a legal domicile in the United States, the ruling clearly did not extend birthright citizenship to children of illegal alien parents. Indeed, the ruling strengthened the original intent of the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] Amendment.

The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution - Fourteenth Amendment - anchor babies and birthright citizenship - interpretations and misinterpretations - US Constitution

Excellent. When does Michelle Malkin leave the country?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Congrats on getting the problem half correct.

I agree that there are Far Left lunatics as well, who live by the gospel of MSNBC and the usual suspects on the Left. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Perhaps we could fence-in moreluck with a rabid, foaming Berkeley liberal? You know, so we could save money.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I agree that there are Far Left lunatics as well, who live by the gospel of MSNBC and the usual suspects on the Left. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Perhaps we could fence-in moreluck with a rabid, foaming Berkeley liberal? You know, so we could save money.
Ahhhhhhh, my first murder !!!!!

wkmac

When polls begin to show that Nickleback is more popular than the President and Congress, it's time to rethink the present political system.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I visited DC yesterday, the mem1381583462634.jpgorials, the small one looked like they had headboards for a twin bed blocking the sidewalks. Everyone ignored all the yellow tape and stop signs. The talking parking meters would tell you how to pay your parking ticket by phone, but the smart app for a map was shut down. But the meter maid quickly checked my meter. The barricades around the memorials were knocked over, they were nothing but an exercise in futility, a little kid did it. Very bad design. 1381582667145.jpgSaw a lot of waste. Granite curbs? 1381583557523.jpgEverything was closed, except1381583538918.jpg A few choice things. 1381589401040.jpg Went there to see exactly what was going on. 1381583571567.jpgNothing.1381582032763.jpg1381582533135.jpgAcres and acres of nothingness. And an eye opener seeing our tax dollars at work funding this extravegance.
1381583462634.jpg
1381582667145.jpg
1381583557523.jpg
1381583538918.jpg
1381589401040.jpg
1381583571567.jpg
1381582032763.jpg
1381582533135.jpg

trickpony1

Tooner-
I went to the War Memorial in our major city today for the protest. We had a good turn out with a local news channel doing some filming.
Based on pictures posted on FB newsfeed, it appears many cities had substantial attendance at today's event.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Tooner-
I went to the War Memorial in our major city today for the protest. We had a good turn out with a local news channel doing some filming.
Based on pictures posted on FB newsfeed, it appears many cities had substantial attendance at today's event.
Good to hear trick. I hear that Sunday would have been the day to be there.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
A driver was stuck in a traffic jam on the highway outside Washington, DC. Nothing was moving. Suddenly a man knocks on the window.
The driver rolls down the window and asks, “What’s going on?”
“Terrorists have kidnapped Congress. They’re asking for a $100 million ransom. Otherwise, they’re going to douse them all in gasoline and set them on fire. We’re going from car to car collecting donations....”
“How much is everyone giving, on average?” the driver asks.
The man replies, “Roughly a gallon.”

gingerkat

Apologies in advance if this had already been posted (I didn't read entire thread)

Saw this on the news this morning. For those that like to have a drink and pick up the phone (me - lol), call congress and tell them how you feel!

Drunk Dial Congress