Government Shutdown / Congress and the Senate

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Now why is the Congress in this mess ?
Because one guy in the US Senate refuses to pass a yearly Federal Budget .
Instead we get fix-it budgets that last for a few months , thus repeating the same mess over & over .

moreluck

golden ticket member
But it’s on government land. So why isn’t it shut down, like the Lake Mead homes or The Cliff House? Is the president’s golf more important than missing children or morale of our troops?
Via Breitbart:
One of Obama’s preferred golf courses, the course on Andrews Airforce Base remains open during the government shutdown.

The grocery stores on the base, where troops get discounted groceries for their families are, however, closed. They will shop “at local stores that cost about 30 percent more, Lieutenant General Raymond Mason, the service’s deputy chief of staff for logistics, said yesterday at a House hearing.”

The Andrews Air Force Base golf course is funded through user fees and that’s why it remains open, said Air Force Captain Lindy Singleton, chief of public affairs for the 11th Wing at Andrews.

Obama hit the links last weekend for a round, on the eve of the possible shutdown. Last week the President played his 35th round of golf this year.

( Amber alert is shut down)
Visitors to the Federal Amber Alert website today are now greeted with a message that the DOJ has shut the service down over a lack of funding.​

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
But it’s on government land. So why isn’t it shut down, like the Lake Mead homes or The Cliff House? Is the president’s golf more important than missing children or morale of our troops?

I'm sure the lake mead home owners will manage without their summer houses for a while. Maybe they can play a round or two of golf near their primary residences while they're waiting for it to reopen.

"The Lake Mead properties are considered vacation homes and one of the lease requirements to own a plot is people must have an alternative residence, according to KTNV."

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm sure the lake mead home owners will manage without their summer houses for a while. Maybe they can play a round or two of golf near their primary residences while they're waiting for it to reopen.

"The Lake Mead properties are considered vacation homes and one of the lease requirements to own a plot is people must have an alternative residence, according to KTNV."
What about the BLM land in Utah with all the cabins.......I know people who live year round up there.
Someone comes along and kicks you out of your house that you occupy for half the year.....you wouldn't be so 'flip' about it !!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What about the BLM land in Utah with all the cabins.......I know people who live year round up there.
Someone comes along and kicks you out of your house that you occupy for half the year.....you wouldn't be so 'flip' about it !!
Flip or flap I would never buy a house on federal land. I don't trust the government enough for that.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Amber Alert Taken Down, But Michelle’s “Let’s Move” Still Up

In a White House of skewed priorities, who in their right mind could possibly think that helping to save missing children was ‘less essential”?
The choices being made by President Stompy Foot have justly earned the White House a new name: the #Spitehouse
What do you think you are achieving by trying to blame this all on one person?
Both parties are responsible for this and you fall for this partisan crap hook line and sinker. Republicans and Democrats are both to blame for this mess and the only thing you take out of it is "president stompy foot" and some twitter hashtag BS?

moreluck

golden ticket member
What do you think you are achieving by trying to blame this all on one person?
Both parties are responsible for this and you fall for this partisan crap hook line and sinker. Republicans and Democrats are both to blame for this mess and the only thing you take out of it is "president stompy foot" and some twitter hashtag BS?
The pres. has the power to pick & choose......He's trying to make the GOP appear to be the meanies. The fact that his military golf course is still open tells me where his priorities are.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
His military golf course is still open , they say because users pay for its costs .
Which is funny because many of the other places that were forced to be closed also cost the US Gov't nothing and actually send payments to the US Treasury .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Million Vet March on the Memorials is planning an Oct. 13 protest, according to its website:
We do not care what political leanings you may be; be it liberal, conservative, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Independent or whatever. The actions of the U.S. government this week with regard to barricading and shutting down the World War II Memorial to veterans, that may or may not be on their last trip to Washington DC, is a despicable act of cowardice.
Veterans this week were unwillingly pitted as pawns in this crisis. We feel that this should never be the case.
This is why we will go to Congress after the budget crisis and ask for a bill to be introduced that would prevent any member of the government from closing our memorials down to any American, except for maintenance purposes. In the meantime, we will have our March in Washington DC on October 13th!
Our veterans deserve that!

The group’s Facebook page, launched Thursday, has already garnered over 8,000 “likes” and has caught the attention of the bikers and truckers who have organized similar demonstrations.
The march is being promoted on Twitter under #1MVetMarch:

wkmac

Millions of private sector workers are laid off (permanent furlough) and "Ho Hum, No biggee" but furlough (temporary) some public sector workers and people start to lose their minds.

wkmac

The solution to the Grand Canyon and other national wonders is to return this stolen property to the indigenous people from whom it was stolen. I'd bet most if not all would be open for business today if that were the case.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
The solution to the Grand Canyon and other national wonders is to return this stolen property to the indigenous people from whom it was stolen. I'd bet most if not all would be open for business today if that were the case.
Care to carry that step to it's logical conclusion?

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
boehners_tea_party_headache.jpg
What have I done?????

bbsam

Staff member
Isn't there also a lot of good in the Bible?

Unlike the Quran:

"Unfortunately, there are very few verses of tolerance and peace to abrogate or even balance out the many that call for nonbelievers to be fought and subdued until they either accept humiliation, convert to Islam, or are killed. Muhammad's own martial legacy - and that of his companions - along with the remarkable stress on violence found in the Quran have produced a trail of blood and tears across world history." - thereligionofpeace.com

Let's try something together here. Let's google something like "peace in th Quran" and see what comes up.