Grass is soooo much greener @ article 22.3 job

brett636

I'd rather work overnight than be running all day!! I have 2 relaxed jobs with a lot of down time!!! My hub is rather large and there are hundreds of article 22 jobs!! I think I'm pretty safe if they ever do cut any of them!! I tried to wait for feeders but it takes about 20 years here and then you are the bottom guy forever. We have 1970 seniority old folks that won't retire!!

We have guys on our feeder seniority list whose company seniority date goes back to the 60s. I figure they can't work forever and eventually will be gone whether its their own choosing or not.

working up a sweat

I work with some ex-PC drivers inside of a hub. They bidded back to inside work because of PC stress and long hours. They work nights now and do heavy lifting and fast work pace of a belt or loading. They work 8 hours, punch out and are happier despite the crummy hours.

opie

The company really despises the 22.3 jobs. It's something the union went on strike for in 1997, only for it to be given up about 10 years later.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
22.3 jobs vary , basically they were to be a combination of two part time jobs. Some air ramp jobs can have a two hour lunch, which makes for a longer day.
In my building if you are a 22.3 and can still drive, they will use you as an extra driver when needed, for years I was on road everyday, mostly doing stupid stuff. And taking an inside /inside job does not stop them . I have know of others that never actually do their bid job, for they were always re-assigned .
Also ot is a no-no for 22.3's, 8 and out is the iron clad rule.
And there are different pay rules for 22.3, I was a Year one . Meaning for 1/2 of my day I stayed at my top P/T rate and then dropped to top air rate for the other half. But when I switched to inside / inside I lost my P/T rate and both jobs are now at top air rate, even though I no longer drive. ( $200 less / wk).

YesYouDidPushAButton

When do these jobs go up for bid. I run a business and have been looking for a way to get out of p/c's and have a shorter day without losing my seniority. I couldnt care less about the pay. I save a ton and can survive on 250/wk comfortably. I will gladly take a pay cut in exchange for less stress, less dealing with customers and shorter hours.

article22

Banned
When do these jobs go up for bid. I run a business and have been looking for a way to get out of p/c's and have a shorter day without losing my seniority. I couldnt care less about the pay. I save a ton and can survive on 250/wk comfortably. I will gladly take a pay cut in exchange for less stress, less dealing with customers and shorter hours.

i was in the same boat!! house almost paid off !!! divorced and living the life!! the pc driving is just not worth the $$$ ... i dont want the o/t and if you think about it ppl are running around like a horse for $40 a day more on 8 hrs) you can keep your $40 i have other ways to make $$ besides UPS!!

check with the local or hr and see if any will be filled.... my area didnt post any for awhile but now it seems every week there are a few posted!!

barnyard

KTM rider
We have had 2-22.3 jobs that were left unfilled when the original employee bid something else. We were told that they are not available to bid, as the jobs were converted back to PT.

brown_trousers

We have had 2-22.3 jobs that were left unfilled when the original employee bid something else. We were told that they are not available to bid, as the jobs were converted back to PT.

Nice, I wish theyd do that over here so I could reclaim the air driving work that was stolen by all the fulltimers

Babagounj

Strength through joy
where is the 22.3 job offered and what does it mean?
Article 22.3 are two part time jobs that are combine to make one full time position.
Some jobs could have a two hour lunch.
There are inside/inside , inside/outside , outside/inside.
Some of the positions include working; customer counter, preload, twilght, carwash, EAM driving, AM driving , PM driving , PAS clerk , yard shifting , High value clerical , EDU clerk , HazMat responder. The company can mix & match these and other jobs as they see fit. Some will have ot possibilities , while others won't ( depending upon local conditions ).

I have a problem with our 22.3 bidder on our line. She has been around forever and retires in 10 months. I believe they put her on our bottom pick off and in the car wash just to not have to deal with her anymore-out of site out of mind. Her reputation proceeded her to the line and everyone was not looking forward to it. She acts like she is owed the world. The bottom pick offs are expected to at least clear their own mis-sort slide and work a very light trailer. Her belief is all she has to do is get the package to where it is supposed to go and never touch it again. Our line is staffed for the pick off working, since she won't we are under staffed, but she is the first to complain when we can't keep up to the flow or can't clear her slide. Out of the 12 lines in our hub, ours is consistently the heaviest. She yells at everyone that they are not going fast enough, but shes sitting up on the pick off texting/talking on her phone or eating her lunch (which she then sends the trash down the mis-sort slide). We were told since it's a bid position she is not expected to "work." Are 22.3's not expected to do the full job, or is it just a way to get rid of someone no one else wants to work with and pass them off for a few months until they are gone?

robot

Has A Large Member
Oh man, friend working in the hub for 8+ hours a day!

After 911 my hub laid off the bottom 10% of the full time package drivers. They sent us to the hub to get our 8 hours. I hated every single second of it. I loaded trailers on the midnight then I loaded package cars on the preload. I was 150 lbs when I was in package car but dropped into the 120's after doing almost a year in the hub. It was way more physical than package car.

Oh did I mention friend working for 8 hours in the hub?!