Greetings from freight side

XxFlaFreightGuyxX

Longtime follower and Upser,first time account creator!
Worked in NY/NJ areas as a preloader for a year, a package car driver for 8 years then on to feeders for 3 years.
Moved to Florida and had to resign thanks to our wonderful transfer policy. I managed to catch on with freight in 2013 as a dock/cdl driver. Currently a road driver
Anyways thats my Ups story in a nutshell,just wanting to say hello and looking forward joining in the convos and offering up info as i can on the freight side and what I remember from my "small pack" days.Thats the freight terminology for big brother in case anyone was wondering.

Thx 4 having me.....

Indecisi0n

We feeders don't call ourselves "freight" drivers. That term is normally used for the contractor side of UPS formally knows as overnight.

XxFlaFreightGuyxX

If I said that felt like a welcoming reply I'd be lying.Maybe I didn't make myself clear that I work at UPS Freight which is in no way a contractor. The fact that we are called that is offensive and insulting as a matter of fact.Maybe I am taking it the wrong way,if so I apologize.I don't see how freight can be considered a contractor when we don't take away any of your work.Ups was not in the freight industry when it purchased overnite and that was not freight at UPS could handle,so referring to it as contracting is wrong.We are dues paying employees just like everyone else and not hired contractors to move packages and take away teamster jobs

Indecisi0n

If I said that felt like a welcoming reply I'd be lying.Maybe I didn't make myself clear that I work at UPS Freight which is in no way a contractor. The fact that we are called that is offensive and insulting as a matter of fact.Maybe I am taking it the wrong way,if so I apologize.I don't see how freight can be considered a contractor when we don't take away any of your work.Ups was not in the freight industry when it purchased overnite and that was not freight at UPS could handle,so referring to it as contracting is wrong.We are dues paying employees just like everyone else and not hired contractors to move packages and take away teamster jobs
You contractors are so thin skinned .

Haha I'm messing with you .