Ground/HD overlap meeting tomorrow

bacha29

Guys you can laugh at what I'm about to say or call me any insulting name you want but wait until you finishing read what I'm about to say. Last night on "Mad Money" Cramer was talking about the run up in X stock and mentioned the fact that X is being talked about as possibly being a major player in the privatization of the air traffic control network. System modernization will be ungodly expensive but if X is that major player it will need barge loads of cash and rest assured cash cow Ground will be milked for everything it has to give . So just keep a watch out for this one.

bbsam

Staff member
Guys you can laugh at what I'm about to say or call me any insulting name you want but wait until you finishing read what I'm about to say. Last night on "Mad Money" Cramer was talking about the run up in X stock and mentioned the fact that X is being talked about as possibly being a major player in the privatization of the air traffic control network. System modernization will be ungodly expensive but if X is that major player it will need barge loads of cash and rest assured cash cow Ground will be milked for everything it has to give . So just keep a watch out for this one.
That's just silly.

bacha29

You promised that you wouldn't laugh but, yeah, it is silly.
Just remember 2 important facts...."ye who laughs last laughs the hardest" and....."ye who has the gold rules" . If fat Freddy has the gold and there's money to be made in the air traffic control business he'll be right there to get in on it.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
i don't want to work Mondays...i don't want to manage 6 days a week.. i need my two days off
i don't want to do ground
i don't want to do pick ups
i don't want to deal with p 1000 and p1200
i draw the line here......... I'm not doing this merger! i will let myself be brought out.... I'm going out with style though

Dang, I kinda agree with you on that... Looks like my days are numbered at FedEx HD!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just remember 2 important facts...."ye who laughs last laughs the hardest" and....."ye who has the gold rules" . If fat Freddy has the gold and there's money to be made in the air traffic control business he'll be right there to get in on it.

Is Fred willing to update an antiquated and overloaded system?

bacha29

Not for free.
Update. The privatization proposal calls for the creation of a nonprofit corporation which makes it unlikely that this proposal will go far. It's been talked about for decades given the lack of public funds to bear the huge cost of modernizing the ATC system but I doubt that it will be well received by the airlines. There is a study that suggests that a modernization of the nation's air transportation network including airport facilities would require raising ticket prices by a minimum 34% to cover the cost of these improvements.

bbsam

Staff member
Update. The privatization proposal calls for the creation of a nonprofit corporation which makes it unlikely that this proposal will go far. It's been talked about for decades given the lack of public funds to bear the huge cost of modernizing the ATC system but I doubt that it will be well received by the airlines. There is a study that suggests that a modernization of the nation's air transportation network including airport facilities would require raising ticket prices by a minimum 34% to cover the cost of these improvements.
Fred's cash cow wouldn't swing that.

bacha29

Fred's cash cow wouldn't swing that.
You're probably right. This issue comes to the forefront every few years but as long as the current system can continue to get people and products where they need to go with an acceptable number of people killed while doing it then the matter will again fade away.

FedGT

Cramer is a worthless hack that is one of the most overrated "analyst/stock player" in the game and also the most corrupt. Take anything he says with less than a grain of salt.