Ground Pickup on Express Route

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wish people would stop giving me their Express packages. I tell them I can't take it that it will be late. They look at me like with this confused look and say "but your FedEx". Jeez, what a company! On the other hand, if I know there is a drop box that I can make before the pickup time and it fits, I'll take it.

If the driver looked dirty to you prima donna's it's because he has real work to do in an truck with no air conditioner delivering 70-150 lb. packages in a dirty ass diesel truck that the owner never cleans or maintains.

I have the same workload and still manage to look presentable.

dvalleyjim

I don't do PUP routes anymore. But, when I did...
Inside dropbox - take it and scan it
Outside dropbox - leave it for a day or 2
Regular/semi-occasion del stop - I explain I can't take /scan Ground packages. But, if I go back a couple of days later and it's still there, I'll take it.

See, this is why you are losing business. You have no concern for the customer. You think ground is taking your business but it's your bad attitude. If you do a job do it to the best of your ability, do for your own integrity, even if you hate the company you work for.

Oldfart

I wish people would stop giving me their Express packages. I tell them I can't take it that it will be late. They look at me like with this confused look and say "but your FedEx". Jeez, what a company! On the other hand, if I know there is a drop box that I can make before the pickup time and it fits, I'll take it.

If the driver looked dirty to you prima donna's it's because he has real work to do in an truck with no air conditioner delivering 70-150 lb. packages in a dirty ass diesel truck that the owner never cleans or maintains.
Does the owner prevent the driver from cleaning the truck?

I don't own my truck but I keep it fairly clean and I clean it off the clock at the end of the day. Take a few minutes every week or so and keep it somewhat clean.

vantexan

I agree with him. Workload has nothing to do with how presentable you are/aren’t. That’s a pride/personal thing.
For awhile at Texas station they weren't letting us order new uniforms. They handed out used shirts to us, myself included, many of which had holes and oil spots. Went to close to a year like that. Wore my jacket as much as I could without burning up.

SmithBarney

For awhile at Texas station they weren't letting us order new uniforms. They handed out used shirts to us, myself included, many of which had holes and oil spots. Went to close to a year like that. Wore my jacket as much as I could without burning up.

We have a rummage room, with the high turnover we have all kinds of clothes, lots are still having tags on them.

dvalleyjim

Does the owner prevent the driver from cleaning the truck?

I don't own my truck but I keep it fairly clean and I clean it off the clock at the end of the day. Take a few minutes every week or so and keep it somewhat clean.
Sweep mine out every morning before I load. I hate package dirt. But Fedex ground doesn't pay. This is what you get. I know guys that have a pile of dirt in their trucks. I used to pay to have my trucks washed outside once a week and inside once a month. The poorly compensated driver doesn't (in my opinion) get compensated for this.